Dual Boot: partition invisible

I have two disks (partition C = Windows/programs, partition D=data). On each
I have created an additional (primary) partition (H and I resp.). When I try
to install a second instance of Windows XP, partitions H and I do not show up
on the screen where I can select the partition in which I want to install.
There, only C partition is shown. What goes wrong?

Hi,

How did you create the additional partitions? If you used a third party
program, you may need to add them to the partition table.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Atoznl" <Atoznl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have two disks (partition C = Windows/programs, partition D=data). On
>each
> I have created an additional (primary) partition (H and I resp.). When I
> try
> to install a second instance of Windows XP, partitions H and I do not show
> up
> on the screen where I can select the partition in which I want to install.
> There, only C partition is shown. What goes wrong?

Look at each hard drive & its partitions; make a note of each
partition type: primary, extended, or logical.

Then post back with the details, including which are marked as "active".
That would help to better understand what you have.
--
Maurice N
MVP Windows - Shell / User

"Atoznl" wrote
>I have two disks (partition C = Windows/programs, partition D=data). On
>each
> I have created an additional (primary) partition (H and I resp.). When I
> try
> to install a second instance of Windows XP, partitions H and I do not show
> up
> on the screen where I can select the partition in which I want to install.
> There, only C partition is shown. What goes wrong?

The info I can find is as follows:
Disk 1: Drive C, primary,active, NTFS, 40Gb, d(0)p(1)
Disk 2: Drive H, primary,active, NTFS, 20Gb, d(1)p(1) + Drive D, logical,
NTFS, 95Gb, d(1)p(1)

Does that help?

atoznl