Outrun sitdown manual needed

Just got Andy Crabtree's Outrun with turbo upgrade. This is the big
swinging sitdown, not the smaller dedicated turbo cockpit. The moving
mech is kinda clucky so I need a manual to tear into it. I'm also going
to need the plastic control panel as this one has a totally busted out
start button. Of course all the plastic gears in the steering are
broken and cracked with missing teeth but I doubt I'll find those. It
does work, just scary that the steering may totally give up one day.
Any and all help appreciated! I see Steve (xiaou2) just got a manual
for his sitdown. Can ya tell me where ya got it, Steve? :)
Thanks!

Cliffy
A passion for pinball!
www.passionforpinball.com

nick

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Hi Cliffy,

There's not too much you need to do in way of the movement mech, make sure
you have plenty of grease along the wormgear drive, check belt tension and
check limit switch adjustment so as it doesn't hit the bumpers. Limit
switch should activate around 10mm before it hits the bumper. Only other
thing to check is belt tension and that the motor brushes haven't worn below
the limit line. If it's on or near the line you should replace both motor
brushes.

BTW All of these old Sega Moving games are slightly noisy and clunky, I
think you notice it more when you have one at home than when you used to
play it in an Arcade with all the ambient noise of the other machines around
you.

Regards

Nick

"Cliffy" <crinear@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Just got Andy Crabtree's Outrun with turbo upgrade. This is the big
> swinging sitdown, not the smaller dedicated turbo cockpit. The moving
> mech is kinda clucky so I need a manual to tear into it. I'm also going
> to need the plastic control panel as this one has a totally busted out
> start button. Of course all the plastic gears in the steering are
> broken and cracked with missing teeth but I doubt I'll find those. It
> does work, just scary that the steering may totally give up one day.
> Any and all help appreciated! I see Steve (xiaou2) just got a manual
> for his sitdown. Can ya tell me where ya got it, Steve? :)
> Thanks!
>
> Cliffy
> A passion for pinball!
> www.passionforpinball.com

Hi Nick-
But I can see there are adjustment plates and of course the pot that
needs to be calibrated to home position. I would think the manual would
help with those kind of details. Otherwise I'm just guessing and I sure
don't want to guess wrong with this mechanism. This thing looks deadly!
I do appreciate your helps and I will definetly print out your reply to
use as a guide when I tear into it this weekend :) Thanks!

Cliffy
A passion for pinball!
www.passionforpinball.com

nick

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Cliffy, don't think you need to worry too much about adjusting the position
pot, I think you'll find it has a magnet which tells it the centre position.
It self calibrates every time you turn the machine on, it does this by
moving left and right and then stops in the centre position. What it's
doing here is recording the pot values when it hits the limit switches, it
then looks for the centre position and then records this as well. If you
jump into Test mode and go into Motor Test you will see the values it
recorded for the limit switches and centre positions. If you really feel
you need to adjust the pot it should read around 80h when the machine is
centred if it's a bit higher or lower it really doesn't matter. Correct
Limit Switch adjustment is very important or the machine will slam into the
bumpers during play.

> Hi Nick-
> But I can see there are adjustment plates and of course the pot that
> needs to be calibrated to home position. I would think the manual would
> help with those kind of details. Otherwise I'm just guessing and I sure
> don't want to guess wrong with this mechanism. This thing looks deadly!
> I do appreciate your helps and I will definetly print out your reply to
> use as a guide when I tear into it this weekend :) Thanks!
>
> Cliffy
> A passion for pinball!
> www.passionforpinball.com

Well thanks so much again Nick ;) I really appreciate the tips!

Cliffy
A passion for pinball!
www.passionforpinball.com