Windows XP Explorer won't let access certain folders?

I have a new Dell 8400 with Windows XP installed. Running spybot, Norton
security and Antivirus.
If I watch Norton AV scan I can see It scan certain folders and sometimes it
finds some adware threats reports them but can't delete them.
When I try to access the Folder, Temporary Internet Files it shows me the
files in this folder but it does not show me the Sub folders that Norton
sees. such as Content.IE5 I have gone into the setup for Folders and checked
the show hidden files and folders but I still can't access them. Any Ideas

Thanks
Mike

What also sometimes happens is it picks them up in the System Restore
protected area of the OS. Windows can't write to this by design. If
this is the case, then it's not going to cause you problems unless you
were to revert to that restore point. It's annoying though. The fix
is to turn off system restore on that drive, and turn it back on again
- this will remove all system restore points and wipe any infected
files in there.

Ric

separate checkbox.

Tom
"Michael P. Bassler" <texbaz@airmail.net> wrote in message
> I have a new Dell 8400 with Windows XP installed. Running spybot, Norton
> security and Antivirus.
> If I watch Norton AV scan I can see It scan certain folders and sometimes
> it finds some adware threats reports them but can't delete them.
> When I try to access the Folder, Temporary Internet Files it shows me the
> files in this folder but it does not show me the Sub folders that Norton
> sees. such as Content.IE5 I have gone into the setup for Folders and
> checked the show hidden files and folders but I still can't access them.
> Any Ideas
>
> Thanks
> Mike

If it is saying the problem is in the temp. internet files area just
open IE, then go to Tools then internet options, Then click the delete
files button in the Temporary internet files box.
This will clear the files in question.

--
Steve Williams