Sound - Soundmax

Hi, I'm hopeless with computers, and well... A few days ago i was deleting
some files and i think i might have accidently deleted a program called
soundmax. My speakers seem to work fine, but there is no audio so i have come
to the conclusion that it must be my erasing soundmax that is causing the
problem... So... What should i do? I have looked though the cd's that came
with the computer to see if i could reinstall it(?) but i can't find any that
refers to sound... PLEASE help me...

Danish Girl
6 answers Last reply
More about sound soundmax

    Whats the make and model of your PC ?

    "Danish Girl" <Danish Girl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi, I'm hopeless with computers, and well... A few days ago i was deleting
    > some files and i think i might have accidently deleted a program called
    > soundmax. My speakers seem to work fine, but there is no audio so i have
    > come
    > to the conclusion that it must be my erasing soundmax that is causing the
    > problem... So... What should i do? I have looked though the cd's that came
    > with the computer to see if i could reinstall it(?) but i can't find any
    > that
    > refers to sound... PLEASE help me...
    >
    > Danish Girl

    God... Dell dimension 3000... if that answers your question? - As said before
    i know absolutely nothing about computers...

    "gerryR" wrote:

    > Whats the make and model of your PC ?
    >

    > "Danish Girl" <Danish Girl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Hi, I'm hopeless with computers, and well... A few days ago i was deleting
    > > some files and i think i might have accidently deleted a program called
    > > soundmax. My speakers seem to work fine, but there is no audio so i have
    > > come
    > > to the conclusion that it must be my erasing soundmax that is causing the
    > > problem... So... What should i do? I have looked though the cd's that came
    > > with the computer to see if i could reinstall it(?) but i can't find any
    > > that
    > > refers to sound... PLEASE help me...
    > >
    > > Danish Girl

    That should be it all right. The audio drivers for the Dell Dimension 3000
    can be found here:

    http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/format.aspx?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&SystemID=DIM_CEL_3000&os=WW1&osl=en&deviceid=2430&devlib=3&category=3&releaseid=R94481

    Just click on the R94481.exe, save the file to your desktop, double click it
    when it has downloaded and follow the on screen instructions

    HTH
    gerryR

    > God... Dell dimension 3000... if that answers your question? - As said
    > before
    > i know absolutely nothing about computers...
    >
    > "gerryR" wrote:
    >
    >> Whats the make and model of your PC ?
    >>

    >> "Danish Girl" <Danish Girl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> > Hi, I'm hopeless with computers, and well... A few days ago i was
    >> > deleting
    >> > some files and i think i might have accidently deleted a program called
    >> > soundmax. My speakers seem to work fine, but there is no audio so i
    >> > have
    >> > come
    >> > to the conclusion that it must be my erasing soundmax that is causing
    >> > the
    >> > problem... So... What should i do? I have looked though the cd's that
    >> > came
    >> > with the computer to see if i could reinstall it(?) but i can't find
    >> > any
    >> > that
    >> > refers to sound... PLEASE help me...
    >> >
    >> > Danish Girl

    It worked! :) Thank you soo much!

    -Cathrine

    "gerryR" wrote:

    > That should be it all right. The audio drivers for the Dell Dimension 3000
    > can be found here:
    >
    > http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/format.aspx?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&SystemID=DIM_CEL_3000&os=WW1&osl=en&deviceid=2430&devlib=3&category=3&releaseid=R94481
    >
    > Just click on the R94481.exe, save the file to your desktop, double click it
    > when it has downloaded and follow the on screen instructions
    >
    > HTH
    > gerryR
    >

    > "Danish Girl" <DanishGirl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > God... Dell dimension 3000... if that answers your question? - As said
    > > before
    > > i know absolutely nothing about computers...
    > >
    > > "gerryR" wrote:
    > >
    > >> Whats the make and model of your PC ?
    > >>

    > >> "Danish Girl" <Danish Girl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

    Glad I could help

    > It worked! :) Thank you soo much!
    >
    > -Cathrine
    >
    > "gerryR" wrote:
    >
    >> That should be it all right. The audio drivers for the Dell Dimension
    >> 3000
    >> can be found here:
    >>
    >> http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/format.aspx?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&SystemID=DIM_CEL_3000&os=WW1&osl=en&deviceid=2430&devlib=3&category=3&releaseid=R94481
    >>
    >> Just click on the R94481.exe, save the file to your desktop, double click
    >> it
    >> when it has downloaded and follow the on screen instructions
    >>
    >> HTH
    >> gerryR
    >>

    >> "Danish Girl" <DanishGirl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> > God... Dell dimension 3000... if that answers your question? - As said
    >> > before
    >> > i know absolutely nothing about computers...

  6. I have been trying to fix this same problem for 7 days. I noticed this thread today and fixed it in 10 minutes!!!!!! YOU ARE THE BOMB!!!!!!!!!
    THANKS SOOOOO MUCH!!

Windows XP