Sign in with
Your question

R520 to arrive by May of 2005?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
a b U Graphics card
September 3, 2004 7:57:42 PM

Well it may be worth waiting that little bit more.

Forget about waiting for the X800XTPE and GF6800UE coming down in price, they aren't even really in stores now anyways, and sell at a freakin' premium.

An R520 with PS3.0+ on 0.11, SWEET! Wonder if it's 0.11 LOW-K or the same 0.11 that the X300 is on?

<A HREF="http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=18232" target="_new">http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=18232&lt;/A>

So it seems that while your GF600U and X800XT may be able to play games for the next year or two, they aren't that future-proof in that there will be another card here shortly to knock them off the top spot.

Now for nV's competitive reply.

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! - <font color=green>RED </font color=green> <font color=red> GREEN</font color=red> GA to SK :evil: 

More about : r520 arrive 2005

September 3, 2004 8:14:59 PM

whats K (kelvin ? - temp?)

<i> :evil:  <font color=blue>Futile is resistance,</font color=blue><font color=red> assimilate you we will.</font color=red> :evil:  </i>
<b>Hard work has a future payoff. Laziness pays off now.</b>
a b U Graphics card
September 3, 2004 8:30:14 PM

Dielectric Constant.

The process they use involves insulating the wires. LOW-K is the result really of the new process than the process itself.

It's usually refered to as LOW-k or LOW-kD

LOW-k properties allow much higher signalling frequencies with less noise. Thus the X800 can be clocked faster than the GF6800U ever would, and the R9600XT can go faster than the R9600Pro despite essentially being the exact same chip in all other respects.

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! - <font color=green>RED </font color=green> <font color=red> GREEN</font color=red> GA to SK :evil: 
Related resources
September 3, 2004 8:35:57 PM

You buying one of those bad boys? And finally upgrade your 9600?
September 3, 2004 8:38:53 PM

Nope I'm going to buy X800Pro. Nov or Dec waiting on price drop.
September 3, 2004 8:40:43 PM

if a feminist reads that, she would say why bad BOYS and not bad girls !

<i> :evil:  <font color=blue>Futile is resistance,</font color=blue><font color=red> assimilate you we will.</font color=red> :evil:  </i>
September 3, 2004 8:43:32 PM

FUDO is coming. Fudo is coming. But where is Ruby? :smile:
September 3, 2004 8:44:30 PM

Ok for you fems bad girls.
September 3, 2004 8:46:40 PM

remove that fems...even guys want bad girls !

a b U Graphics card
September 3, 2004 8:47:56 PM

I will likely do a triple jump type of install, when I get the new mobo, either it will have AGP + PCIe and then I will move the R9600 over, or it will have the RS480 chipset and I will use the onboard IGP until I put an X700 PCIe in it, while waiting for the R520 which likely won't be reasonably priced/available until next fall, so a year with that.

I'm also interested in seeing how well the X700 OCs since it is supposed to be 0.11 as well (still no Low-k), which should offer some fun.

Also gotta consider the PCX GF6600 series.

Anywhoo, still can't say anything for sure until these solutions start hitting the stores.

September 3, 2004 8:51:34 PM

Quote:
Also gotta consider the PCX GF6600 series.

U mean PCIe GF6600 ?
if not please enlighten.

a b U Graphics card
September 3, 2004 9:32:51 PM

Yes it is PCIe, but nVidia's line is called PCX....,

Like the PCX5750, PCX4300, etc.

September 3, 2004 9:41:23 PM

thats bad...not a good thing to do...going against stds...will confuze people. i would take PCX to be PCIX

a b U Graphics card
September 3, 2004 9:49:57 PM

Yeah but only us geeks know about PCI-X anyways, so the number of people confused, minor, and even then they really have no one else to blame but themselves by the time they spend their money.

Too bad there wasn't a PCI-X version, I could slap it into my editing rig. There's even a new PCI-X standard that's about as fast as PCI 16x or at least AGP 8x, I haven't looked at it in a while, but the standard was introduced about a year ago IIRC.

Anywhoo, done here at work (still waiting for porting Info but $crew that it's the Long weekend!), gonna go home now, and do some evil! Maybe Pirate <i>"The Passion of the Christ"</i>, because it's the Christian thing to do. :evil: 

Ciaola!

a b U Graphics card
September 3, 2004 10:00:47 PM

One last thing...

Hexus confirmed similar statements from ATI, in that the want to get an SM3.0 part to market as soon as possible, hinting at early next year;

<A HREF="http://www.hexus.net/content/reviews/review.php?dXJsX3J..." target="_new">http://www.hexus.net/content/reviews/review.php?dXJsX3J...;/A>

September 3, 2004 10:01:41 PM

do you think the 6600 series will suffer from the same over production of heat as the 6800 series does?

amd 2000+
gigabyte ga-7va
512mb samsung pc2700(2x256mb)
maxtor 60gb 7200rpm
LG cd-r/rw 48x24x48
soundblaster live 5.1
BBA radeon 9600xt 128mb
antec 550w true control
September 3, 2004 10:07:36 PM

the apple G5s use PCIX but graphics in them are agp only.

<b>Hard work has a future payoff. Laziness pays off now.</b><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by priyajeet on 09/03/04 05:09 PM.</EM></FONT></P>
!