WARNING: DONT INSTALL NEW CONTROL PANEL

coylter

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2003
I installed the new control panel and now i get HEAVY artefact in all my games....The card is producung a lot of HEAT .... Heatsink EXTREMLY hot. Card is at stock speed now and still producing lots of artefact and i am using a better hsf than stock one...and he is realy realy hot.

EDIT: Underclocked the card to half clock speed and still get artefact!!!

EDIT2: Came back to regular cat 4.9 and the problem has gona away....I feel lot better now....back to stock speed.

An egg is realy only just liquid chicken.<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by coylter on 09/03/04 04:01 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

priyajeet

Distinguished
May 21, 2004
need more input from others on this before I remove.

Though I wasnt too happy myself bcos i did see a few artifacts in the control panel priview, but nothing in HL2 ST or CSS with all seeting on high.

I ll monitor the temp today.

Hope u didnt enable the overdrive or something. I am still using 4.9s.

<i> :evil: <font color=blue>Futile is resistance,</font color=blue><font color=red> assimilate you we will.</font color=red> :evil: </i>
<b>Hard work has a future payoff. Laziness pays off now.</b>

Got some screenies of this?

I would check my settings, something may be different that you usually have turned off.

Not sure about the temp thing. Could be due to more activity or could be something else.

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! - <font color=green>RED </font color=green> <font color=red> GREEN</font color=red> GA to SK :evil:

gothitbycar

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2002
My card is doing fine. I didn't install the one with the driver package (I'm assuming you installed that.) I took the seperate install of it. BTW, I'm running the Cat 4.8's.
All that CCC thing is, is a frilly control panel. It does nothing the regular control panel couldn't do (besides for the car thing.) I was hoping it would allow more advance options but it didn't.

I'm mad, the WDM drivers of the beta 4.9's don't work with my AIW 9800 pro so I can't capture video.

-----------------------
oh, its a nice day. TO EAT CHILDREN!!!

ltj311

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2002
The model of card you have would be extremely relevant and helpful information in this situation. As I've heard not all ATI cards work well with this new control panel.

Thank you.

--
MSI K8N Neo Platinum
Athlon 64 3200+ Newcastle
1gb Corsair XMS pc3200
ATI 9800np 256-bit 128mb(@ 416/340)
3dMark01: 20,503 3dMark03: 6359 Aquamark3: 46,653

cleeve

Illustrious
Ati Radeon 9700 PRO here, and no problems with the new cvontrol panel.