Cannot Open Digital Images on Disk

I just tried to open some photos that I have on Digital Imagaing CD. I
cannot open them from any program. I cannot even get properties to open on
My Computer when the imaging disks are in. Any other type of disk works
properly. I can open my media disks straight from the camera with no problem
with my printer. I used to be able to! What have I done??? I have a Dell
4550 with a CD-RW. These are my step daughters wedding pictures and I really
need to print them for her. HELP!!!

With the CD in the drive, bring up Windows Explorer, navigate to the folder
that has the images and try a few things.
Double click the image file and see what happens.
Also, highlight 1 image, and do a right-click and see what your options are.
If you see the "Preview" option, select that. It should bring up the Fax &
Image viewer built-in to XP.
Make a note of the file extension on the file name(s).

--
Maurice N
MVP Windows - Shell / User

---
"ladycarpenter" wrote
>I just tried to open some photos that I have on Digital Imagaing CD. I
> cannot open them from any program. I cannot even get properties to open
> on
> My Computer when the imaging disks are in. Any other type of disk works
> properly. I can open my media disks straight from the camera with no
> problem
> with my printer. I used to be able to! What have I done??? I have a Dell
> 4550 with a CD-RW. These are my step daughters wedding pictures and I
> really
> need to print them for her. HELP!!!

What's the file format?

"ladycarpenter" <ladycarpenter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I just tried to open some photos that I have on Digital Imagaing CD. I
> cannot open them from any program. I cannot even get properties to open
> on
> My Computer when the imaging disks are in. Any other type of disk works
> properly. I can open my media disks straight from the camera with no
> problem
> with my printer. I used to be able to! What have I done??? I have a Dell
> 4550 with a CD-RW. These are my step daughters wedding pictures and I
> really
> need to print them for her. HELP!!!

In Windows Explorer, when I navigate to CD-RW (D:) nothing happens if a photo
CD is in. Any other CD will show the folders. If I go to my Dell Imaging
program and try to open pictures from CD it asks me to insert a CD! It
doesn't recognize that a photo CD is in.

"Maurice N ~ MVP" wrote:

> With the CD in the drive, bring up Windows Explorer, navigate to the folder
> that has the images and try a few things.
> Double click the image file and see what happens.
> Also, highlight 1 image, and do a right-click and see what your options are.
> If you see the "Preview" option, select that. It should bring up the Fax &
> Image viewer built-in to XP.
> Make a note of the file extension on the file name(s).
>
> --
> Maurice N
> MVP Windows - Shell / User
>
> ---
> "ladycarpenter" wrote
> >I just tried to open some photos that I have on Digital Imagaing CD. I
> > cannot open them from any program. I cannot even get properties to open
> > on
> > My Computer when the imaging disks are in. Any other type of disk works
> > properly. I can open my media disks straight from the camera with no
> > problem
> > with my printer. I used to be able to! What have I done??? I have a Dell
> > 4550 with a CD-RW. These are my step daughters wedding pictures and I
> > really
> > need to print them for her. HELP!!!

My Dell Imaging says there is a dummy in! I have tried several different
photo cds and they all say the same.

"Maurice N ~ MVP" wrote:

> With the CD in the drive, bring up Windows Explorer, navigate to the folder
> that has the images and try a few things.
> Double click the image file and see what happens.
> Also, highlight 1 image, and do a right-click and see what your options are.
> If you see the "Preview" option, select that. It should bring up the Fax &
> Image viewer built-in to XP.
> Make a note of the file extension on the file name(s).
>
> --
> Maurice N
> MVP Windows - Shell / User
>
> ---
> "ladycarpenter" wrote
> >I just tried to open some photos that I have on Digital Imagaing CD. I
> > cannot open them from any program. I cannot even get properties to open
> > on
> > My Computer when the imaging disks are in. Any other type of disk works
> > properly. I can open my media disks straight from the camera with no
> > problem
> > with my printer. I used to be able to! What have I done??? I have a Dell
> > 4550 with a CD-RW. These are my step daughters wedding pictures and I
> > really
> > need to print them for her. HELP!!!

TRENDING THREADS