Bunch of Dim 8400 systems on the Outlet site

sparky

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2003

If anyone's interested, Dell has 50 identically configured 8400's for
$779. I'd guess a company ordered 50, then canceled:

System Price $879.00
Promotion Discount ($100.00)
Discounted Price $779.00

Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Professional
Memory: 1 GB DDR SDRAM, 400 MHz (2 DIMM)
Floppy Drive: 1.44 MB Floppy Disk Drive
Hard Disk Drive: 160 GB EIDE SATA Hard Drive (7200 RPM)
Video: 128MB PCI Express ATI Radeon X300 SE
Network Interface Card: Wireless 1450 Internal Wireless
DVD Drive: 16x DVD +/- RW w/dbl layer write capability

Software: Image Restore Software
Software
Dell/My Way Home Page
McAfee Virus Scan - 90-day Trial
Music Match Software
Software CD
H and R Block Promotional Software
Dell Support 2.0 Software
Dell Support 2.0
Adobe Acrobat 6.0 Reader
Power DVD Software
Photo Album 5.1 Standard
Paint Shop Pro Studio Trial
Record Now! Deluxe Software
Microsoft Works Suite
Windows Media Player
Resource CD

Misc: No Modem Option
Shipping Material
No Raid
QuietKey Keyboard
Logitec 2-button Scroll Mouse

While on the topic of new 8400's, I've been watching the site to see
when the 8400's would offer the 1066 FSB, which is not yet. How much of
a difference in performance will the 1066 FSB show in real life over the
800 FSB one? I'm thinking of 2 GB of the 533 RAM.

What CPU on these, Sparky? The RAM is impressive for that price. Are they
taking something back by charging shipping?

Stew

S.Lewis wrote:
> What CPU on these, Sparky?

Funny that's not included with the system specs - they all say
"P4-3200". Here's one of the Service Tags: 0GYE9EHX

> The RAM is impressive for that price. Are they
> taking something back by charging shipping?

Standard shipping (3-5 days) is free. I thought it looked like a pretty
good value with the 160 GB SATA HDD & integrated NIC.

> S.Lewis wrote:
>> What CPU on these, Sparky?
>
> Funny that's not included with the system specs - they all say "P4-3200".
> Here's one of the Service Tags: 0GYE9EHX
>
>> The RAM is impressive for that price. Are they taking something back by
>> charging shipping?
>
> Standard shipping (3-5 days) is free. I thought it looked like a pretty
> good value with the 160 GB SATA HDD & integrated NIC.

That's not bad for that CPU/RAM/HDD/DVDRW combo....

Stew