Wireless

I need to setup wireless internet for a small community with no internet
access. It is currently
recieving internet at a central location with satellite internet. The range
I need for this
community is a 1 km radius. Is there a product that offers a greater range
than the
optimistic 1000ft with a traditional dlink/smc/linksys type router? Is there
any devices that you
can add an external antenna to be mounted on a building?
TIA

"Sharino" <Sharino07@REMOVE.homtail.com> wrote in

> Is there a product that offers a greater range
> than the
> optimistic 1000ft with a traditional dlink/smc/linksys type router? Is
> there any devices that you
> can add an external antenna to be mounted on a building?

How many people are in the community?

Are you planning on running EVERYONE off one AP? Best would be to use
multiple APs.

As for Antennas, you can replace the antenna with a better quality one on
most APs (especially ones with an external attenna).

--
Lucas Tam (REMOVEnntp@rogers.com)