I installed Windows XP Home w/ SP2. Now when I turn on my PC I receive a
message stating "Windows did not start properly". I can't do anything.

Did SP2 finish completely ?
One of the things to try now is.... once the pc is booting up, start tapping
& repeat tapping the F8 Function key to get boot up options. Once you see
that, select Safe Mode, and see if you can at least login.

--
Maurice N
MVP Windows - Shell / User

"SS" wrote
>I installed Windows XP Home w/ SP2. Now when I turn on my PC I receive a
> message stating "Windows did not start properly". I can't do anything.

Yes, it did finish completely. Everything was working fine until I turned my
PC off for an hour or so. When I turned it back on the problem started. I
tried to start in safe mode but I can't even login. The same message keeps
repeating.

"Maurice N ~ MVP" wrote:

> Did SP2 finish completely ?
> One of the things to try now is.... once the pc is booting up, start tapping
> & repeat tapping the F8 Function key to get boot up options. Once you see
> that, select Safe Mode, and see if you can at least login.
>
> --
> Maurice N
> MVP Windows - Shell / User
> ---
>
> "SS" wrote
> >I installed Windows XP Home w/ SP2. Now when I turn on my PC I receive a
> > message stating "Windows did not start properly". I can't do anything.

P.S. This is an excellent set of resources from Kelly, MS-MVP :
How to Perform a Clean Boot in Windows XP
How to Use Clean Boot Troubleshooting for Windows XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.co­m/xp_conflicts.htm

How to Recover from a Corrupted Registry that Prevents Windows XP from
Starting
http://support.microsoft.com/d­efault.aspx?scid=KB;en-us;q307­545

How to Disable a Service that Prevents Windows XP from Booting
http://support.microsoft.com/s­upport/kb/articles/q244/9/05.a­sp

Use System Files to Create a Boot Disk to Guard Against Being Unable to
Start Win XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.co­m/xp_setup.htm

--
All the Best,