Blank Screen In Windows xp

When i turn on my computer, it gives me the windows xp loading screen. Then
it goes to a blank black screen and just sits there. This is what i've tried

Safe mode - Same problem
Enable VGA Mode - Same problem
Last Know Good Configuration - Same problem
Did a repair - Same problem.

At first i thought it was my video card drivers, but when i tried a
different video (16mb Voodoo3) card the problem never changed.

I'm running Windows XP Home w/SP2.
AMD Sempron 1.1Ghz.
512MB RAM
32MB Video (onboard)
80Gig HDD.

if you have any suggestions, plz feel free to email me at wolf_man_666@msn.com

Thx,
Kevin

Mike

Splendid

I think we need to know more.

Do you get a perpetual hour glass?? If so, take a hike and come
back...it may just boot up.

bigfoot

I have a similar problem. When I boot up in normal mode, I get a blank
screen. No cursor, nothing. It just stays like that. I'm about to try
leaving it overnight!
When I boot up in any safe mode, I get to agp440.sys, and the system
freezes. When I tried disabling agp440.sys in the recovery console off the
install disc, the startup froze at Mup.sys instead, and the normal startup
still didnt run. I don't want to disable Mup.sys, because I don't know what
it is and how important it is, or for that matter whether something else will
freeze the startup instead.

I've tried manually rolling back the registry, and no luck, and I can't
restore to a previous point, because I can't access Windows in any way. I
also got desperate and tried to run a repair install, but that option doesn't
even come up in the setup programme.

This is, quite frankly, driving me nuts. I'm a good person, and this kinda
thing just shouldnt happen! HELP ME! You'll be saving me from my computer
and myself.

Thanks in advance,
bigFoot