Multi-user account problems

So I have set up multi-user accounts on my XP pro machine. All the accounts
work fine I'm just have two main problems.

1. The resolution stays the same, its non-user specific if someone likes
800*600, they change it then the other person has to change their reolution
to their desired level.

2. Spyware, the other users like to get on the internet and go god knows
where but when they log off and I log on the spyware has seeped into my
account and all the other accounts. Now I know you can limit access to them
not installing programs. but this does nothing to stop spyware, it always
manages to mess up other users settings.

so my question here is, is the anyway this can be fixed through windows or
will I have to look into third party clients to do the job? and if so what
are these clients?

"John R. Goodman" wrote:

> 1. The resolution stays the same, its non-user specific if someone likes
> 800*600, they change it then the other person has to change their reolution
> to their desired level.

Sorry, I think that's "just the way it works". You *might* be able to write
a logon script to change the resolution.

> 2. Spyware, the other users like to get on the internet and go god knows
> where but when they log off and I log on the spyware has seeped into my
> account and all the other accounts. Now I know you can limit access to them
> not installing programs. but this does nothing to stop spyware, it always
> manages to mess up other users settings.
>
> so my question here is, is the anyway this can be fixed through windows or
> will I have to look into third party clients to do the job? and if so what
> are these clients?

Try the free anti-spyware program from Microsoft
(http://www.microsoft.com/spyware). They bought one of the best available.