DVD zones

Hello.
Does anyone know which zone's disc is the DVD player of an Inspiron 9200?
Someone told me you can change the zone but only 3 times: if that's true,
what can you do after that to play more DVDs?
Is there an update available to reset the zone's counter or to upgrade the
service?
Thanks.
Steffo

In Windows XP you can change the region a maximum of 4 times. After that,
you have to buy a new DVD player. Reinstalling Windows won't make any
difference. You may find illegal hacks available on the web. Good luck to
you if you try one.

Ted Zieglar

"Steffo" <steffo@nospam.com> wrote in message
> Hello.
> Does anyone know which zone's disc is the DVD player of an Inspiron 9200?
> Someone told me you can change the zone but only 3 times: if that's true,
> what can you do after that to play more DVDs?
> Is there an update available to reset the zone's counter or to upgrade the
> service?
> Thanks.
> Steffo

Is there any paying program that would let me change zones as many times as
I want?

http://www.cdr-zone.com/software/dvd_region_free/dvd_region_free.html

| Is there any paying program that would let me change zones as many
times as
| I want?
|
| Ted Zieglar wrote:
| > In Windows XP you can change the region a maximum of 4 times.
After
| > that, you have to buy a new DVD player. Reinstalling Windows won't
| > make any difference. You may find illegal hacks available on the
web.
| > Good luck to you if you try one.
| >
| > Ted Zieglar
| >
| > "Steffo" <steffo@nospam.com> wrote in message
| >> Hello.
| >> Does anyone know which zone's disc is the DVD player of an
Inspiron
| >> 9200? Someone told me you can change the zone but only 3 times:
if
| >> that's true, what can you do after that to play more DVDs?
| >> Is there an update available to reset the zone's counter or to
| >> upgrade the service?
| >> Thanks.
| >> Steffo

Thanx: I've d/l AnyDVD (the other one was not available) and it seems great!
Steffo