I would like to be all in at around $1200. So if I keep $200 out for the monitor, $230 for office suite, $20 for an HDMI cable, and $50 for a wireless desktop im looking at a computer for around $700.
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
anything bigger than 14"
3. What screen resolution do you want?
Dont really know, I've heard a 15" 13xxX868 is a really bad resolution to have but im not sure.
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
5. How much battery life do you need?
Only a couple hours at most
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
No games, but I will need the ability to smoothly use a 24" external monitor at most times. I would assume this means it would be beneficial to have at least 1gb dedicate GPU.
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
Multiple programs running simultaneously, such as Word, Outlook, A bloomberg like trading software, and I.E.
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
anything over 120gb is plenty
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
Hp, Newegg, toshiba, dont really have a preference
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
any standard dvd drive is fine
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
13. What country do you live in?
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
Like i said im looking to replace my boss' desktop. Will be connecting to a 24" external monitor via HDMI. Need Windows 7 Professional, Outlook Home and Business, preferably 8gb ram and a dedicated GPU.