Popeye - JAMMA?

I got a lead on a Popeye game by Nintendo - haven't had a chance to
open up the back and take a look yet. Just wondering if it's a JAMMA
and if not, how hard would it be to convert? Has anyone done it? Will
that type of monitor work for standard JAMMA games? Also does anyone
know who built these for Nintendo? Thanks,

-Dave

Well it is definitely not JAMMA. As for how hard to convert.. not
sure, never done it. Probably not terribly hard as conversions go

No - not JAMMA (if it's original). Uses a video inverter (otherwise the
graphics would look like a color photographic negative) and external audio
amp. There IS a JAMMA adapter however - Clay Cowgill makes one for DK which
I once used to test my Popeye PCB: www.multigame.com

But note: if you plan on using the original monitor (Sanyo 20EZ or similar)
it has the video inverter on board, so any other JAMMA board you hook up
will look screwy. Which leaves you with Donkey Kong, DK Jr., and Mario Bros
= and you'll either need to rotate the monitor 90 degress or mod the control
panel for Mario Bros. May be others, but I sold my Nintendo (Popeye) cab
off last year so didn't really read up on that much.

"dbpbandit" <davep@premierbev.com> wrote in message
>I got a lead on a Popeye game by Nintendo - haven't had a chance to
> open up the back and take a look yet. Just wondering if it's a JAMMA
> and if not, how hard would it be to convert? Has anyone done it? Will
> that type of monitor work for standard JAMMA games? Also does anyone
> know who built these for Nintendo? Thanks,
>
> -Dave

(waves hand slowly in front of your face) This is not the cabinet you are
looking for.

Move along.

(Getting psyched for Star Wars)
-roy-

micrologix1500@yahoo.com wrote:
> Well it is definitely not JAMMA. As for how hard to convert.. not
> sure, never done it. Probably not terribly hard as conversions go

Yeah but remember if it's still a Popeye that it's Nintendo and hence,
it'll have inverted video.

--
Dave Bush <statman.onay.pamsay@twcny.rr.com>

Remove the pig Latin to reply.

DFrance wrote:
> No - not JAMMA (if it's original). Uses a video inverter (otherwise the
> graphics would look like a color photographic negative) and external audio
> amp. There IS a JAMMA adapter however - Clay Cowgill makes one for DK which
> I once used to test my Popeye PCB: www.multigame.com

I've got one that I got off eBay - not Clay's - I honestly forget who
made it, but it's nice.

My Mario Bros. board isn't working, so I have one of two options - get
the Mario Bros. board fixed or sell this adapter. Anyone repair Mario
Bros. boards?

--
Dave Bush <statman.onay.pamsay@twcny.rr.com>

Remove the pig Latin to reply.

http://www.brasington.org/arcade/

Try Scott.

Brent
"Dave Bush" <statman.onay.pamsay@twcny.rr.com> wrote in message
> DFrance wrote:
> > No - not JAMMA (if it's original). Uses a video inverter (otherwise the
> > graphics would look like a color photographic negative) and external
audio
> > amp. There IS a JAMMA adapter however - Clay Cowgill makes one for DK
which
> > I once used to test my Popeye PCB: www.multigame.com
>
> I've got one that I got off eBay - not Clay's - I honestly forget who
> made it, but it's nice.
>
> My Mario Bros. board isn't working, so I have one of two options - get
> the Mario Bros. board fixed or sell this adapter. Anyone repair Mario
> Bros. boards?
>
> --
> Dave Bush <statman.onay.pamsay@twcny.rr.com>
>
> Remove the pig Latin to reply.

Well, I didn't get the game. Apparently the guys son had already sold
it to someone else and when I went to go get it, it was gone. Just
another case of "the one that got away"

-Dave

:x

no such word as "bootleg" its just a variation of the origanala much
like a "clone".

ya thats it!