How to re-install Outlook Expiress 6 without the XP CD

May 14, 2005 4:50:56 PM

Hi All

Please be assured that I am not asking for a fix because I have a 'hooky'
installation.

My sister-in-law's PC did not come with a WinXP CD and the suppliers say
they can only supply a complete system restore, which will wipe everything
off it.

All I want to do is re-install the Outlook Express 6 program, because it has
become unstable.

Is there any way I can do this (I have bband so downloads are not a problem)
so that these rough arses don't have to wipe the whole machine just to fix
this one problem.

Thanks
Anonymous
May 14, 2005 4:50:57 PM

Since OE is a subset of Internet Explorer, go here and download IE6 and
follow the directions.

"Macsicarr" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
Hi All

Please be assured that I am not asking for a fix because I have a 'hooky'
installation.

My sister-in-law's PC did not come with a WinXP CD and the suppliers say
they can only supply a complete system restore, which will wipe everything
off it.

All I want to do is re-install the Outlook Express 6 program, because it has
become unstable.

Is there any way I can do this (I have bband so downloads are not a problem)
so that these rough arses don't have to wipe the whole machine just to fix
this one problem.

Thanks
Anonymous
May 14, 2005 4:50:57 PM

Download latest Internet Explorer package. Save it do local storage. It inculdes Outlook Express.
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/downloads/default.m...

First read MS article 318378
How to reinstall or repair Internet Explorer and Outlook Express in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/318378

Study the last part of the article closely.
--
Maurice N
MVP Windows - Shell / User

Macsicarr wrote:
> Hi All
>
> Please be assured that I am not asking for a fix because I have a
> 'hooky' installation.
>
> My sister-in-law's PC did not come with a WinXP CD and the suppliers
> say they can only supply a complete system restore, which will wipe
> everything off it.
>
> All I want to do is re-install the Outlook Express 6 program, because
> it has become unstable.
>
> Is there any way I can do this (I have bband so downloads are not a
> problem) so that these rough arses don't have to wipe the whole
> machine just to fix this one problem.
>
> Thanks
May 14, 2005 8:46:53 PM

Totally unnecessary. Just run the msoe50.inf file under C:\Windows\Inf (a
hidden system folder). Just right click the file and choose install.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Raoul" <noname@noname.net> wrote in message
> Since OE is a subset of Internet Explorer, go here and download IE6 and
> follow the directions.

> "Macsicarr" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
> Hi All
>
> Please be assured that I am not asking for a fix because I have a 'hooky'
> installation.
>
> My sister-in-law's PC did not come with a WinXP CD and the suppliers say
> they can only supply a complete system restore, which will wipe everything
> off it.
>
> All I want to do is re-install the Outlook Express 6 program, because it
> has
> become unstable.
>
> Is there any way I can do this (I have bband so downloads are not a
> problem)
> so that these rough arses don't have to wipe the whole machine just to fix
> this one problem.
>
> Thanks

Anonymous
May 16, 2005 11:21:33 AM

Hi Macsicarr,

I notice that you have posted the same question in our
windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress, which have already been responded.
So please check the answer there and if you need any further assistance on
this particular issue, please reply in that thread. Also, please don't
cross-post the same question in multiple newsgroups in the future so that
our engineers can work on your question efficiently. Your understanding and
cooperation is appreciated.

Thank you and have a nice day!

Jacky Gu

Microsoft Online Partner Support

Business-Critical Phone Support (BCPS) provides you with technical phone
support at no charge during critical LAN outages or "business down"
situations. This benefit is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to all
Microsoft technology partners in the United States and Canada.

This and other support options are available here:
BCPS:
https://partner.microsoft.com/US/technicalsupport/suppo...
Others: https://partner.microsoft.com/US/technicalsupport/suppo...

Support page: http://support.microsoft.com/common/international.aspx