How to re-install Outlook Expiress 6 without the XP CD

Hi All

Please be assured that I am not asking for a fix because I have a 'hooky'
installation.

My sister-in-law's PC did not come with a WinXP CD and the suppliers say
they can only supply a complete system restore, which will wipe everything
off it.

All I want to do is re-install the Outlook Express 6 program, because it has
become unstable.

Is there any way I can do this (I have bband so downloads are not a problem)
so that these rough arses don't have to wipe the whole machine just to fix
this one problem.

Thanks
4 answers Last reply
More about install outlook expiress

    Since OE is a subset of Internet Explorer, go here and download IE6 and
    follow the directions.

    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=1e1550cb-5e5d-48f5-b02b-20b602228de6&displaylang=en

    "Macsicarr" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
    Hi All

    Please be assured that I am not asking for a fix because I have a 'hooky'
    installation.

    My sister-in-law's PC did not come with a WinXP CD and the suppliers say
    they can only supply a complete system restore, which will wipe everything
    off it.

    All I want to do is re-install the Outlook Express 6 program, because it has
    become unstable.

    Is there any way I can do this (I have bband so downloads are not a problem)
    so that these rough arses don't have to wipe the whole machine just to fix
    this one problem.

    Thanks

    Download latest Internet Explorer package. Save it do local storage. It inculdes Outlook Express.
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/downloads/default.mspx#EDAA

    First read MS article 318378
    How to reinstall or repair Internet Explorer and Outlook Express in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/318378

    Study the last part of the article closely.
    --
    Maurice N
    MVP Windows - Shell / User

    Macsicarr wrote:
    > Hi All
    >
    > Please be assured that I am not asking for a fix because I have a
    > 'hooky' installation.
    >
    > My sister-in-law's PC did not come with a WinXP CD and the suppliers
    > say they can only supply a complete system restore, which will wipe
    > everything off it.
    >
    > All I want to do is re-install the Outlook Express 6 program, because
    > it has become unstable.
    >
    > Is there any way I can do this (I have bband so downloads are not a
    > problem) so that these rough arses don't have to wipe the whole
    > machine just to fix this one problem.
    >
    > Thanks

    Totally unnecessary. Just run the msoe50.inf file under C:\Windows\Inf (a
    hidden system folder). Just right click the file and choose install.

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "Raoul" <noname@noname.net> wrote in message
    > Since OE is a subset of Internet Explorer, go here and download IE6 and
    > follow the directions.
    >
    > http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=1e1550cb-5e5d-48f5-b02b-20b602228de6&displaylang=en
    >

    > "Macsicarr" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
    > Hi All
    >
    > Please be assured that I am not asking for a fix because I have a 'hooky'
    > installation.
    >
    > My sister-in-law's PC did not come with a WinXP CD and the suppliers say
    > they can only supply a complete system restore, which will wipe everything
    > off it.
    >
    > All I want to do is re-install the Outlook Express 6 program, because it
    > has
    > become unstable.
    >
    > Is there any way I can do this (I have bband so downloads are not a
    > problem)
    > so that these rough arses don't have to wipe the whole machine just to fix
    > this one problem.
    >
    > Thanks

    Hi Macsicarr,

    I notice that you have posted the same question in our
    windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress, which have already been responded.
    So please check the answer there and if you need any further assistance on
    this particular issue, please reply in that thread. Also, please don't
    cross-post the same question in multiple newsgroups in the future so that
    our engineers can work on your question efficiently. Your understanding and
    cooperation is appreciated.

    Thank you and have a nice day!

    Jacky Gu

    Microsoft Online Partner Support

    Business-Critical Phone Support (BCPS) provides you with technical phone
    support at no charge during critical LAN outages or "business down"
    situations. This benefit is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to all
    Microsoft technology partners in the United States and Canada.

    This and other support options are available here:
    BCPS:
    https://partner.microsoft.com/US/technicalsupport/supportoverview/40010469
    Others: https://partner.microsoft.com/US/technicalsupport/supportoverview/

    Support page: http://support.microsoft.com/common/international.aspx

    --------------------
    | From: "Macsicarr" <nospam@nospam.com>
    | Subject: How to re-install Outlook Expiress 6 without the XP CD
    | Date: Sat, 14 May 2005 12:50:56 +0100
    | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support
    |
    | Hi All
    |
    | Please be assured that I am not asking for a fix because I have a 'hooky'
    | installation.
    |
    | My sister-in-law's PC did not come with a WinXP CD and the suppliers say
    | they can only supply a complete system restore, which will wipe everything
    | off it.
    |
    | All I want to do is re-install the Outlook Express 6 program, because it
    has
    | become unstable.
    |
    | Is there any way I can do this (I have bband so downloads are not a
    problem)
    | so that these rough arses don't have to wipe the whole machine just to fix
    | this one problem.
    |
    | Thanks

CD-Rom Windows XP