Floppy will not read or format in xp

dickie

Will work in dos on the same machine.
when trying to format A I use the run command and the little black box
opens, asks for disk, insert disk, black box disappears.
This is a brand new drive.
The old one was working great about two weeks ago.
Now i need to do a floppy, i can't, i know this is a windows problem and
have searched high and low....Anyone.
Thanks

Use Windows Explorer. Inser a diskette. Highlight diskette-drive and right-click , and choose "Format" to A: .
--
Maurice N
MVP Windows - Shell / User

Dickie wrote:
> Will work in dos on the same machine.
> when trying to format A I use the run command and the little black box
> opens, asks for disk, insert disk, black box disappears.
> This is a brand new drive.
> The old one was working great about two weeks ago.
> Now i need to do a floppy, i can't, i know this is a windows problem
> and have searched high and low....Anyone.
> Thanks

dickie

Did that, get Windows was unable to complete the format.
I formatted the disk i am using with Microscope formatter.