TECH is this possible

I have posted on here before about a problem that arose of of a game
sale.

Here is the story, is it possible?

I sold a game to a buyer in FL. It was a Namco Soul Calibur. I had
installed a SC game board in a Soul Edge cabinet. The monitor that was
in it was wavy (it was a Sharpe Image 27"). I installed a WG27k7000
series monitor.

I fired that game up and it looked good. The monitor was clear and
awesome. I played the game that night and again the next day. I had
listed it on ebay and sold it right away.

When the game arrived in FL, the buyer plugged it in and it kept
blowing fuses. I believed that there may have been a lose piece of
metal that may have shorted the chassis. I told him to send the
chassis to P&L, I would pay for it. He did.

When they sent it back, he installed it and it still blew fuses. He
called P&L, they said that it needed an iso transformer and that I sold
him a bad game. That was not cool on their part since the game worked
the day I shipped it.

So, my questions are: if this game had needed an iso, why did it work
for me for two days before I shipped it? From my experience, if a
monitor needs an iso, and there is not one, they blow right away. Yet,
I played it for two days and it worked great. Did these cabs come with
isos installed? Does that fact that it has a Peter Chou style power
supply have anything to do with any of this? Where else could the iso
have been, there is not one visible in the cab.

The buyer seems to believe that I sold him a game that I knew was bad.
I did not do such a thing, thus I am trying to work this out.

thanks
Mark C

I have seen this happen when the black ground wire from the tube was
not hooked up to the neck board. Ted

The thing that bothers me most about the whole deal is that both P&L
and the buyer seem to believe that I knowingly sold a bad game. P&L
even bothers to make this point to the buyer.

I do not, and have never sold a knowingly non-working game as working.
Doing such would ruin my reputation and cost me sales.

I have used P&L many times in the past to do my repairs, but after they
dare say I knowingly sell bad games, I must consider sending out
chassis elsewhere.

Mark C

Hi,
According to Randy Fromms flow chart here
http://slot-tech-ftp.serveftp.com:8080/technical_department/monitors/flowcharts/K7000flo.jpg

there are many reasons to blow fuses. I got a WG up and going because it had
blown a diode that supposedly was from operation without an isolation
transformer. ...wasn't my monitor...not sure, but it stopped blowing fuses
when I replaced the diode and used an isolation transformer. According to
this flow chart the monitor needs an isolation transformer. That about does
it for my knowledge on this. You may want to check Randys site for further
info on this stuff.
Rick

<drmoonsparkle@aol.com> wrote in message
> I have posted on here before about a problem that arose of of a game
> sale.
>
> Here is the story, is it possible?
>
> I sold a game to a buyer in FL. It was a Namco Soul Calibur. I had
> installed a SC game board in a Soul Edge cabinet. The monitor that was
> in it was wavy (it was a Sharpe Image 27"). I installed a WG27k7000
> series monitor.
>
> I fired that game up and it looked good. The monitor was clear and
> awesome. I played the game that night and again the next day. I had
> listed it on ebay and sold it right away.
>
> When the game arrived in FL, the buyer plugged it in and it kept
> blowing fuses. I believed that there may have been a lose piece of
> metal that may have shorted the chassis. I told him to send the
> chassis to P&L, I would pay for it. He did.
>
> When they sent it back, he installed it and it still blew fuses. He
> called P&L, they said that it needed an iso transformer and that I sold
> him a bad game. That was not cool on their part since the game worked
> the day I shipped it.
>
> So, my questions are: if this game had needed an iso, why did it work
> for me for two days before I shipped it? From my experience, if a
> monitor needs an iso, and there is not one, they blow right away. Yet,
> I played it for two days and it worked great. Did these cabs come with
> isos installed? Does that fact that it has a Peter Chou style power
> supply have anything to do with any of this? Where else could the iso
> have been, there is not one visible in the cab.
>
> The buyer seems to believe that I sold him a game that I knew was bad.
> I did not do such a thing, thus I am trying to work this out.
>
> thanks
> Mark C

I know a few people that that were not that crazy about them including
myself. Try Allgood in Florida they were fast and very good. Ted

hi
all k7000 series do require an iso xformer.
only a few wg monitors do not require an iso (i think 2 0r 3 of them
dont require one) as far as 25 inch monitors.
as far as yours working without one, then starting blowing fuses, that
could be a number of reasons. thats why it needs to be "isolated" so no
other probs xfer to it.
if the AC power wires that went to your monitor had only 2 wires in one
harness (black/white) then that cabinet probably has an iso
transformer.
if the cabinet has 3 wires going to the monitor in one harness
(green/white/black) and thats how it worked b4, then that cabinet prob
does not have an iso xformer.

a good monitor that does not require an iso xformer is a hantarex polo
series, they have many sizes and all do not require an iso xformer.
hope i have helped a bit