Asus P4t-Cm

mainestu

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2004
I am posting here in this section cause I have a Asus P4T-CM motherboard and had it all set up and posted a couple times and then stopped. I have a feelng it was the Video card that I used cause this board would not accept certain Voltage Video Cards, without causing damage. Have been on the phone to Asus with no result. So I gave up and got another identical motherboard. I am looking for someone who knows this board well enough to suggest the proper video card for this board that will not cause damage to it. I want to install the Ati 9600 Xt 128 mb video card. Please, any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated. The board has a 1.9 Ghz cpu installed with 2 ram modules of pc800 128mb each, giving a total of 256 mb of ram memory, in case anyone was wondering. And I recently installed a new 400 watt power supply. The card that I originally had installed in this motherboard was an Ati Radeon 64 MB Ddr vivo card.
http://www.ati.com/products/radeon/radeon64ddr/index.html
That is the Ati site product page. With links on the side for more infirmation. Any help would be nice
http://usa.asus.com/prog/spec.asp?m=P4T-CM&langs=09#
This is the product page for the motherboard on the Asus Site.
According to the manual this motherboard only accepts the 1.5v cards, and earlier cards were manufactured as 3.3v only, which is where my note about damaging the motherboard comes from, if a 3.3v only card is used.
I guess most of my question here is if I get the Ati 9600xt 128 mb video card will it work in this motherboard, without causing damage to the motherboard? The first motherboard that no longer works I have contacted Asus and tried to get an Rma o n it but because of the serial number it is not retail version or something and can not do anything more for me. I was on the phone with their Tech. running several different test on the board to see if we could get it up and running with no results. So they will not Rma the board that I have, but I have not yet recieved the board that I bought that is the identical same board.
Thanks

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by mainestu on 09/10/04 07:02 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

cleeve

Illustrious
Go to your local lused computer store and buy a PCI videocard for $5 for testing.

If it works with the PCI card, your videocard is the problem. If it doesn't, it's something else.

Try removing all cards and hard disks, see what happens.

If it still won't post, try other RAM.

If it still won't post, RMA the board to ASUS if you can.

That's about all I can tell you.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
The Radeon DDR (including the 64MB VIVO version) works with ALL AGP slots. The latest motherboards have 1.5v and 0.8v card compatability, earlier motherboards had 3.3v and 1.5v compatability, and the earliest motherboards had 3.3v compatability only. The Radeon DDR is compatable with 3.3v and 1.5v signals, so it's universally compatable with all AGP slots.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
By the way, your new power supply could be the problem.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>