asking only administrator can istall software

hi,
i'm having winxp spII pro.
i have tried install LG USB Modem on machine but it shows that only
administrator can install it...
before updating to winxp spII clean istallation, i have successfully
installed it on my pc..

i have only single account on my machine, and that is of adminstrator
type..,
why the said message come,, i couldn't understand it....

what could be problem..
how to change my account to other type... of see all available account
types...

thankX in Advance
krunal
2 answers Last reply
More about asking administrator istall software

    The software installation routine may be coded to only allow an account name
    "administrator" to do the installation, although this would be "bad" coding
    on the developer's part.

    Try this, boot and log into your account, log off, you should be at the
    "start up" screen showing only your login. Press the <alt><ctl> keys down,
    then hit the <del> key twice, you should get the "classic" login prompt.
    Here the user should have your login, change it to "administrator" and for
    the password, whatever you gave it when you installed XP Pro (Pro always
    asks this during installation). If you don't know trying leaving it blank,
    otherwise you have another issue, and must figure out what that password it.

    If the above approach fails, it is possible the hardware it no compatible
    with XP SP2, requiring a driver/software update/patch from the manufacturer,
    or if XP is not supported, new hardware/software may be in order.

    The administrator account is hidden on the start panel when another account
    exists, although I've seen reg changes on some of the MVP's websites that
    allow you to change that behavior, and then it will display.

    --

    Star Fleet Admiral Q @ your Service!

    http://www.google.com
    Google is your "Friend"

    "~Krunal" <krunal83@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > hi,
    > i'm having winxp spII pro.
    > i have tried install LG USB Modem on machine but it shows that only
    > administrator can install it...
    > before updating to winxp spII clean istallation, i have successfully
    > installed it on my pc..
    >
    > i have only single account on my machine, and that is of adminstrator
    > type..,
    > why the said message come,, i couldn't understand it....
    >
    > what could be problem..
    > how to change my account to other type... of see all available account
    > types...
    >
    > thankX in Advance
    > krunal

    Thank you for reply..
    i've tried it... but with same result..
    can you guide me as how to see all available account....
    my account name is "krunal" not administrator as you said...set as
    administrator type
    does it like this.. that there is also another account exists named
    administrator..
    or if it, how can i see it or login on to it...
    can i change the name of my account from "krunal" to "administrator" ?
    how can i do it...
    pls suggest...
    thank you
    krunal

    "Star Fleet Admiral Q" <Star_Fleet_Admiral_Q(NO-SPAM)@(SPAM-NOT)hotmail.com>
    wrote in message news:%2310ZUELWFHA.3488@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
    > The software installation routine may be coded to only allow an account
    > name "administrator" to do the installation, although this would be "bad"
    > coding on the developer's part.
    >
    > Try this, boot and log into your account, log off, you should be at the
    > "start up" screen showing only your login. Press the <alt><ctl> keys
    > down, then hit the <del> key twice, you should get the "classic" login
    > prompt. Here the user should have your login, change it to "administrator"
    > and for the password, whatever you gave it when you installed XP Pro (Pro
    > always asks this during installation). If you don't know trying leaving
    > it blank, otherwise you have another issue, and must figure out what that
    > password it.
    >
    > If the above approach fails, it is possible the hardware it no compatible
    > with XP SP2, requiring a driver/software update/patch from the
    > manufacturer, or if XP is not supported, new hardware/software may be in
    > order.
    >
    > The administrator account is hidden on the start panel when another
    > account exists, although I've seen reg changes on some of the MVP's
    > websites that allow you to change that behavior, and then it will display.
    >
    > --
    >
    > Star Fleet Admiral Q @ your Service!
    >
    > http://www.google.com
    > Google is your "Friend"
    >
    > "~Krunal" <krunal83@gmail.com> wrote in message
    >> hi,
    >> i'm having winxp spII pro.
    >> i have tried install LG USB Modem on machine but it shows that only
    >> administrator can install it...
    >> before updating to winxp spII clean istallation, i have successfully
    >> installed it on my pc..
    >>
    >> i have only single account on my machine, and that is of adminstrator
    >> type..,
    >> why the said message come,, i couldn't understand it....
    >>
    >> what could be problem..
    >> how to change my account to other type... of see all available account
    >> types...
    >>
    >> thankX in Advance
    >> krunal

Software Windows XP