Can we break the 100 point mark?!

7 games to go, potentially 21 points taking Chelsea to 101 points!

What is the record points tally in the top division anyone?

--
"Having seen Chelsea close up I am still 100% confident that we will go
through to the quarter-finals! We have a better team than Chelsea and

Chelsea 4 Barcelona 2 (5-4 on agg)

Jabberwocky

"Toby Briggs" <toby.briggs@gmail.com> wrote in message
>7 games to go, potentially 21 points taking Chelsea to 101 points!
>
> What is the record points tally in the top division anyone?

who cares, whatever team held the record probably didn't spend 1/100th of
what chelsea have to potentially do it.

--
`Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;

Admin of one of the best FM sites around:
http://www.fmunderground.net/

View my Story / Poem profile on :
http://www.writing.com/main/view_item/user_id/shadowalk

Jabberwocky wrote:
> "Toby Briggs" <toby.briggs@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> 7 games to go, potentially 21 points taking Chelsea to 101 points!
>>
>> What is the record points tally in the top division anyone?
>>

> who cares, whatever team held the record probably didn't spend
> 1/100th of what chelsea have to potentially do it.

Oh dear, someone's bitter...

Em Mon, 4 Apr 2005 19:07:42 +0100, Marc Robbins
<marc@NOSPAMrobbins46.freeserve.co.uk> escreveu:

> Jabberwocky wrote:
>> "Toby Briggs" <toby.briggs@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>> 7 games to go, potentially 21 points taking Chelsea to 101 points!
>>>
>>> What is the record points tally in the top division anyone?
>>>

>> who cares, whatever team held the record probably didn't spend
>> 1/100th of what chelsea have to potentially do it.
>>

> Oh dear, someone's bitter...

hard to be out for somebody

--
Eduardo Liguori
Usando o M2, revolucionário cliente de correio do Opera:

Toby Briggs wrote:
> 7 games to go, potentially 21 points taking Chelsea to 101 points!
>
> What is the record points tally in the top division anyone?

In the Premiership its Man Utd in 99/00 with 91 points and 97 goals, Arsenal
only managed 90 points last season with 73 goals.
Chelsea currently have 80 points but only 61 goals, though you have
conceeded only 11 goals so far, which is less than half of the lowest
conceeded by Arsenal with 26 last season (Though Arsenal did only concede 17
goals in 98/99 but still didn't win :) and Utd's best defenvise
performances failed to win the title as well - 26 (97/98) and only 28 in
94/95 back when there were 42 games. So hopefully the fact that you have
only conceeded 11 goals should mean you wont win, if it follows the above
:)
Though these stats do depend on the league history being correct in FM2005.
But at least you can not steal our record for finishing each premiership
season in the top 3 :)

--
Michael Murray

> Though these stats do depend on the league history being correct in
> FM2005. But at least you can not steal our record for finishing each
> premiership season in the top 3 :)

But how many times is it consecutive top 2s?

Jabberwocky

Preston North End's Invincibles of 1888-89, the Football League's first-ever
season. They were unbeaten all year, winning 18 of their 22 games. Adjusted
for three-points for a win and 38 games played etc, their 2.64 points per
game tally would give them a princely total of 100 points for a 38 game
season.

That record could bite the dust this season, however. If Chelsea end up with
103 points. Two title-winning campaigns: one in their 50th year, one in
their 100th; one with a record points total, one with a record low. You
can't argue with the seductive appeal of the symmetry.

--

On Tue, 05 Apr 2005 17:52:44 GMT, Jabberwocky wrote:

> Preston North End's Invincibles of 1888-89, the Football League's first-ever
> season. They were unbeaten all year, winning 18 of their 22 games. Adjusted
> for three-points for a win and 38 games played etc, their 2.64 points per
> game tally would give them a princely total of 100 points for a 38 game
> season.
>
> That record could bite the dust this season, however. If Chelsea end up with
> 103 points. Two title-winning campaigns: one in their 50th year, one in
> their 100th; one with a record points total, one with a record low. You
> can't argue with the seductive appeal of the symmetry.

I conceded the title a while ago, but today while thinking I couldn't help
but laugh at the fact Chelsea could win the title for the next decade and
still have less titles than Arsenal...

--
- / - Daniel - / -

Jabberwocky wrote:
> Preston North End's Invincibles of 1888-89, the Football League's first-ever season. They were unbeaten all year, winning
> 18 of their 22 games. Adjusted for three-points for a win and 38 games played etc, their 2.64 points per game tally would
> give them a princely total of 100 points for a 38 game season.

There's no real point in answering the question, if you're just going to
make stuff up.

--
Stephen Weir

List of Games for Sale - http://www.glipe.free-online.co.uk/index.htm