DUN not working with Z600, Socketcom CF BT card and Fido (..

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson,alt.cellular.fido (More info?)

Hi everyone, complex problem here I think. I recently got a SE Z600 and am
attempting to use it as a modem over Bluetooth with a Socketcom CF Bluetooth
card Revision F and the Socketcom supplied Digianswer 1.09 Bluetooth
software. The problem is I keep getting internal 172. addresses but I do
seem to have DNS. This setup works with my Nokia 6310i. I have tried using
the Socketcom procedure of using Standard 19200 modem over COM7 which is the
Bluetooth Dialup Networking (DUN) port and I have tried setting up a
Bluetooth modem using the SE Bluetooth driver over COM7 but to no avail. Can
anyone suggest anything else to try? I'm at my wits end here.

Thanks, Brian
2 answers Last reply
More about working z600 socketcom card fido
  1. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson,alt.cellular.fido (More info?)

    [POSTED TO alt.cellular.ericsson - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]

    In <DA3Kc.374$oMR1.345@news04.bloor.is.net.cable.rogers.com> on Sat, 17 Jul
    2004 06:22:27 GMT, "Brian G" <bgonNO@SPAMmail.com> wrote:

    >Hi everyone, complex problem here I think. I recently got a SE Z600 and am
    >attempting to use it as a modem over Bluetooth with a Socketcom CF Bluetooth
    >card Revision F and the Socketcom supplied Digianswer 1.09 Bluetooth
    >software. The problem is I keep getting internal 172. addresses but I do
    >seem to have DNS. This setup works with my Nokia 6310i. I have tried using
    >the Socketcom procedure of using Standard 19200 modem over COM7 which is the
    >Bluetooth Dialup Networking (DUN) port and I have tried setting up a
    >Bluetooth modem using the SE Bluetooth driver over COM7 but to no avail. Can
    >anyone suggest anything else to try? I'm at my wits end here.

    See "The Definitive Bluetooth Guide" at <http://www.jonsguides.com/bt/>.
    Highly recommended!

  2. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson,alt.cellular.fido (More info?)

    > [POSTED TO alt.cellular.ericsson - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]
    >
    > In <DA3Kc.374$oMR1.345@news04.bloor.is.net.cable.rogers.com> on Sat, 17
    Jul
    > 2004 06:22:27 GMT, "Brian G" <bgonNO@SPAMmail.com> wrote:
    >
    > >Hi everyone, complex problem here I think. I recently got a SE Z600 and
    am
    > >attempting to use it as a modem over Bluetooth with a Socketcom CF
    Bluetooth
    > >card Revision F and the Socketcom supplied Digianswer 1.09 Bluetooth
    > >software. The problem is I keep getting internal 172. addresses but I do
    > >seem to have DNS. This setup works with my Nokia 6310i. I have tried
    using
    > >the Socketcom procedure of using Standard 19200 modem over COM7 which is
    the
    > >Bluetooth Dialup Networking (DUN) port and I have tried setting up a
    > >Bluetooth modem using the SE Bluetooth driver over COM7 but to no avail.
    Can
    > >anyone suggest anything else to try? I'm at my wits end here.
    >
    > See "The Definitive Bluetooth Guide" at <http://www.jonsguides.com/bt/>.
    > Highly recommended!

    > John Navas <http://navasgrp.home.att.net/#Cingular>

    Hi John, thank you but I had found that site already. The solution was to
    set up a new GPRS modem on the phone since the carrier's firmware on the
    phone seemed to have incorrect settings for Internet access.

    Brian

Fido Modem Bluetooth Internet Service Providers