How can I change the name of the person who is listed in the registration
section of system properties? I right clicked on My computer, scrolled down
to properties but I can't change the name. Please advise. Thanks.

jwshef wrote:
> How can I change the name of the person who is listed in the registration
> section of system properties? I right clicked on My computer, scrolled down
> to properties but I can't change the name. Please advise. Thanks.

To fix the "Registered to" information for WinNT/2K/XP, you can use
Start > Run > Regedit.exe to edit:

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\Current Version\RegisteredOwner

and:

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\Current
Version\RegisteredOrganization

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

both at once. - RAH

"Bruce Chambers" wrote:

> jwshef wrote:
> > How can I change the name of the person who is listed in the registration
> > section of system properties? I right clicked on My computer, scrolled down
> > to properties but I can't change the name. Please advise. Thanks.
>

> To fix the "Registered to" information for WinNT/2K/XP, you can use
> Start > Run > Regedit.exe to edit:
>
> HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\Current Version\RegisteredOwner
>
> and:
>
> HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\Current
> Version\RegisteredOrganization
>

> --
>
> Bruce Chambers
>
> Help us help you:
> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

> both at once. - RAH

Bruce,

I got all the way to registered owner or registered organization under
current version and neither folder was there for me to click on. Please
advise if you have additional steps. Thanks.

jwshef

Hi,

You may find this easer.
Change Owner/Organization - XP