Sign in with
Your question

Best gaming laptop for $500-$700 Aug 10 2012?

Tags:
Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
August 10, 2012 7:27:03 AM

Looking for a laptop in the $500 to $700 range.
Perferably a intelchip, but very open to any suggestions. I'm going to be using it to play games with a high fps(So a good to great GPU is perferable to the harddrive size or programs it comes with.)
I will also use the computer for a server setup to my existing media network threw my Nas Hard drives. With the the abilty to put my laptop into a double view to my LCD home theater setup.
Any and all suggesions would greatly help me, Thank you.

Let me fix the format to what i've seen being done.

1. What is your budget? Under $700, though cheaper solutions would be ideal :] (anywhere from 500 to 700 Also if there are major advantages for spending a more i would)

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? 15 to 17" "

3. What screen resolution do you want? Around 1440x900.

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? Portable so i can transport it to work any whatnot.

5. How much battery life do you need? Not an issue

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? Arma 2 (Anything above medium) and arma 3 when it's released
Other FPS in decent graphics and Racing the same.
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.) Photo and Video editing. Nothing major.

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? Anything over 150gb

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links. Anywhere... Even a model number and i search on ebay, I want the most ban for the buck.

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? For at least 2 years.

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? DVD DL Rw R

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. HP Dell Samsung Acer anything that is quality.

13. What country do you live in? United States of America

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
Nothing i can think of.
August 10, 2012 11:53:14 AM

HP Pavilion g7z-2100

With the AMD Quad-Core A8-4500M Accelerated Processor (3.0GHz/2.1GHz, 4MB L2 Cache) and 1GB AMD Radeon(TM) HD 7670M Discrete-Class Graphics

$600

Related resources
August 10, 2012 8:15:08 PM

The GeForce GT 630M does not meet the on-die performance of the Trinity APU graphics unit, much less in operation in dual-graphics with the Radeon HD7670M (where applicable)

August 10, 2012 9:58:50 PM

http://www.anandtech.com/show/5865/laptop-graphics-face...

scroll down the apus represented by an a10 instead of an a8 and yes it has a 7660 instead of 7670 but the differences are minimal

in this case the cpus are bottlenecked so even though the gt630m has a quad core processor coupled with it, it wouldnt be much different with the core i5
!