Looking for a laptop in the $500 to $700 range.
Perferably a intelchip, but very open to any suggestions. I'm going to be using it to play games with a high fps(So a good to great GPU is perferable to the harddrive size or programs it comes with.)
I will also use the computer for a server setup to my existing media network threw my Nas Hard drives. With the the abilty to put my laptop into a double view to my LCD home theater setup.
Any and all suggesions would greatly help me, Thank you.
Let me fix the format to what i've seen being done.
1. What is your budget? Under $700, though cheaper solutions would be ideal :] (anywhere from 500 to 700 Also if there are major advantages for spending a more i would)
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? 15 to 17" "
3. What screen resolution do you want? Around 1440x900.
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? Portable so i can transport it to work any whatnot.
5. How much battery life do you need? Not an issue
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? Arma 2 (Anything above medium) and arma 3 when it's released
Other FPS in decent graphics and Racing the same.
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.) Photo and Video editing. Nothing major.
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? Anything over 150gb
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links. Anywhere... Even a model number and i search on ebay, I want the most ban for the buck.
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? For at least 2 years.
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? DVD DL Rw R
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. HP Dell Samsung Acer anything that is quality.
13. What country do you live in? United States of America
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
Nothing i can think of.