filename length limitations in zip folders

Hello all,

I am trying to archive much of my old email and I want to put it into
zip files and then burn them to cd's or upload them to my server etc.
I have many emails and most of them have rather long filenames in them.
is their anyway I can preserve the filenames but get them into one
archive for sending. I don't ant to have to give 500 individual
commands to upload files.

or alternatively if their is some type of archive format other tan zip
which I can make use of that does not carry the filename limit?

thank you in advance

WinRAR, has a longer file name I believe.

If your using Outlook Express, Thunderbird, there should be an export option
to save all your emails