best price for 6800 GT?

imgame

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2004
i have heard that prices have come down a lot for geforce 6800gt ....what is the minimum price will i get and where for this card.Because there is huge diffrence in prices when i checked it on the net....at some places its available at ~$387 while at others its like ~$435 .....i don't understand wat is the diffrence......???????and what company is best in the bussiness i was thinking of going for eVga or XFX as these r the cheapest i could find...i don't want any bunduled s/w or games ....how is the option for OEM cards at ebay.....??? plz help me as i want to buy this card very soon!!!!!

i m doomed!!!

ZZSpaceman

Distinguished
May 27, 2003
BFG makes a good card. Comes stock with core overclocked @ 375 MHz. BFG has an excellent lifetime warrantee that they stand behind it. You should be able to get this card for about $400 US.

Finding one is often a different story. I haven't been looking much since I found one at Frys. I tried the BFG web site but never heard back. Last time I checked the availability was still listed as highly allocated.

I bought one in an open box. I normally would have never done this except I couldn't find one anywhere and with BFG's warrantee the risk of being stuck with a lemon is nil. Card was also discounted $20 to $380. No major problems yet.

Good luck.

ZZSpaceman

uber_m0j0

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2002
my friend just recently picked up an eVga 6800gt for $396 .. website cant remember, sorry.

Anyway its a great card. he threw it in his A64 3200+ 1gb DDR400 system and was able to get the following scores...

3d01: 21,219
3d03: 11,101
Aquamark: 59,879

Battlefield Vietnam runs very smooth at 1280x960 4xAA/AF max graphics.

The card idles around 55C and 62C under load. We put a new PCI blower under it for coolies.. Seems to help a bit.
Anyway, the eVga is a very good card. Both he and myself are very happy with it.

~~ Windows Me: OS of teh MILLENIUM!

imgame

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2004
well thanx for the advice so its look like that BFG is the best deal if i get it......but looking at the present position BFG cards are hard to find .....is it worth waiting for it or better going for eVga.....???? which is now available @~$385....

i m doomed!!!

uber_m0j0

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2002
Well depends on how long you want to wait.

If you wanna save a few more bucks and go for the BFG, more power to you. Im sure its very good. The eVga for $385 is very nice, I've never been one to wait personally, so I'd go for eVga.

~~ Windows Me: OS of teh MILLENIUM!