Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe

I've got an XP Pro box that seems to have a corrupt hal.dll file. The
system blue-screens on boot and when I try to boot with a simple boot disk,
it reports that the hal.dll file must be missing or corrupt. I've got one
I'm trying to copy in through the recovery consol, but keep getting the
"file could not be copied" error. I know that XP protects the system files,
so that's my assumption here.
How can I go about copying this hal into the System32 folder? What's the
trick?

Well the HAL is one of THE most important files in Windows, with controls all
the hardware, If you insert the Windows XP disc and click recover you should
be able to get it back up and running, but if not I expect it's a reinstall
job :(

Error Message: Cannot Find \Windows\System32\hal.dll
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_haldll_missing.htm

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=314477
Error Message: Windows Could Not Start Because of a Computer Disk Hardware
Configuration Problem

"Joe" <wontread@mydomain.com> wrote in message

> I've got an XP Pro box that seems to have a corrupt hal.dll file. The system
> blue-screens on boot and when I try to boot with a simple boot disk, it reports
> that the hal.dll file must be missing or corrupt. I've got one I'm trying to copy
> in through the recovery consol, but keep getting the "file could not be copied"
> error. I know that XP protects the system files, so that's my assumption here.
> How can I go about copying this hal into the System32 folder? What's the trick?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS