No C drive

Hi
My Drive C which holds my Windows installation does not appear in my
computer or in any menus. Every other drive is still showing.
What can I do to get my HD C showing in My Computer?

Thank you,
Micheal
5 answers Last reply
More about drive

    Question:

    open My Computer and type

    C:\

    in the address bar at the top.

    What happens ?

    --
    guestfromhell
    guestfromhell's Profile: http://www.iamnotageek.com/member.php?userid=12490

    Hi Micheal,

    Download Tweak UI and install it (from
    http://download.microsoft.com/download/f/c/a/fca6767b-9ed9-45a6-b352-839afb2a2679/TweakUiPowertoySetup.exe -
    this requires atleast XP SP1)

    Start Tweak UI and click the (+) sign near the My Computer section
    Select Drives
    In the right-pane, uncheck the drive-letters that you want to unhide
    Click Apply, OK

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    "micheal" <micheal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi
    > My Drive C which holds my Windows installation does not appear in my
    > computer or in any menus. Every other drive is still showing.
    > What can I do to get my HD C showing in My Computer?
    >
    > Thank you,
    > Micheal

    I got Drive C back! Thanks for your help

    "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:

    > Hi Micheal,
    >
    > Download Tweak UI and install it (from
    > http://download.microsoft.com/download/f/c/a/fca6767b-9ed9-45a6-b352-839afb2a2679/TweakUiPowertoySetup.exe -
    > this requires atleast XP SP1)
    >
    > Start Tweak UI and click the (+) sign near the My Computer section
    > Select Drives
    > In the right-pane, uncheck the drive-letters that you want to unhide
    > Click Apply, OK
    >
    > --
    > Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    > Windows XP Shell/User
    > http://windowsxp.mvps.org
    >

    > "micheal" <micheal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Hi
    > > My Drive C which holds my Windows installation does not appear in my
    > > computer or in any menus. Every other drive is still showing.
    > > What can I do to get my HD C showing in My Computer?
    > >
    > > Thank you,
    > > Micheal

    You're very welcome!

    --

    >I got Drive C back! Thanks for your help
    >
    > "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:
    >
    >> Hi Micheal,
    >>
    >> Download Tweak UI and install it (from
    >> http://download.microsoft.com/download/f/c/a/fca6767b-9ed9-45a6-b352-839afb2a2679/TweakUiPowertoySetup.exe -
    >> this requires atleast XP SP1)
    >>
    >> Start Tweak UI and click the (+) sign near the My Computer section
    >> Select Drives
    >> In the right-pane, uncheck the drive-letters that you want to unhide
    >> Click Apply, OK
    >>
    >> --
    >> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    >> Windows XP Shell/User
    >> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
    >>

    >> "micheal" <micheal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> > Hi
    >> > My Drive C which holds my Windows installation does not appear in my
    >> > computer or in any menus. Every other drive is still showing.
    >> > What can I do to get my HD C showing in My Computer?
    >> >
    >> > Thank you,
    >> > Micheal

    In the right-pane, uncheck the drive-letters that you want to unhide

    should be:

    In the right-pane, check the drive-letters that you want to unhide

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    > Hi Micheal,
    >
    > Download Tweak UI and install it (from
    > http://download.microsoft.com/download/f/c/a/fca6767b-9ed9-45a6-b352-839afb2a2679/TweakUiPowertoySetup.exe -
    > this requires atleast XP SP1)
    >
    > Start Tweak UI and click the (+) sign near the My Computer section
    > Select Drives
    > In the right-pane, uncheck the drive-letters that you want to unhide
    > Click Apply, OK
    >
    > --
    > Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    > Windows XP Shell/User
    > http://windowsxp.mvps.org
    >

    > "micheal" <micheal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> Hi
    >> My Drive C which holds my Windows installation does not appear in my
    >> computer or in any menus. Every other drive is still showing.
    >> What can I do to get my HD C showing in My Computer?
    >>
    >> Thank you,
    >> Micheal

Computers Microsoft Windows XP