My desktop icons reset when I close Internet Explorer. Is this
"Normal" ?

It sounds like your PC has the signs of slowing down if this is something
new. Try doing the nesseary, spyware scan, anti virus scan.

If they all come up clean, you could look into getting some new ram, if you
already have over 128MB that is. If you have 256/512Mb now, then It's
obviously a system related problem, such as a virus,spyware.

Also, if nothing coem up in the scans, I'm guessing you have an ATI graphics
card, my old one use to do the same, also when I had a large program running
and I closed it, it use ot go down the screen really slowly.

Hi dan Thanks
All scan were clean so as you suggest it must be my ATI Graphics card

On Sat, 14 May 2005 18:10:01 -0700, "Dan~"
<Dan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>It sounds like your PC has the signs of slowing down if this is something
>new. Try doing the nesseary, spyware scan, anti virus scan.
>
>If they all come up clean, you could look into getting some new ram, if you
>already have over 128MB that is. If you have 256/512Mb now, then It's
>obviously a system related problem, such as a virus,spyware.
>
>Also, if nothing coem up in the scans, I'm guessing you have an ATI graphics
>card, my old one use to do the same, also when I had a large program running
>and I closed it, it use ot go down the screen really slowly.

I've seen this happen and actually what is happening is Explorer.exe is
crashing and XP reloads it which resets all your desktop icons. We tried a
ton of fixes and finally just gave up and did a clean reload. If I remember
right even a repair did not fix it.