Applications Lost After System Restore

May 14, 2005 9:30:01 PM

I recently did a system restore, and I am pretty sure I got all of the
information onto a C.D.. I am now having trouble launching my old
applications (eg. Microsoft Works, Norten Internet Security, etc.), and I was
wondering if there was a way to get them back. I tried using the C.D. we got
when we purchased the computer system (HP Pavilion Application Recovery), but
it doesn't recognize that this is a pavilion. It says on the error "This
recovery CD is only designed to work for an HP Pavilion PC". I am also
getting all these pop-ups saying my regstry is messed up and to go to some
website to fix it. Any ideas anyone?
Anonymous
May 15, 2005 1:10:39 AM

Hi,

1) Did you change the motherboard? If so, then it's not a pavilion anymore
and this is why the disks won't work.

2) You need the disks to work to reinstall the applications.

3) Have you scanned for spyware/adware? These can help:

Adaware www.lavasoft.de
Spybot www.safer-networking.org

--
Best of Luck,