Applications Lost After System Restore

I recently did a system restore, and I am pretty sure I got all of the
information onto a C.D.. I am now having trouble launching my old
applications (eg. Microsoft Works, Norten Internet Security, etc.), and I was
wondering if there was a way to get them back. I tried using the C.D. we got
when we purchased the computer system (HP Pavilion Application Recovery), but
it doesn't recognize that this is a pavilion. It says on the error "This
recovery CD is only designed to work for an HP Pavilion PC". I am also
getting all these pop-ups saying my regstry is messed up and to go to some
website to fix it. Any ideas anyone?
1 answer Last reply
More about applications lost system restore

    Hi,

    1) Did you change the motherboard? If so, then it's not a pavilion anymore
    and this is why the disks won't work.

    2) You need the disks to work to reinstall the applications.

    3) Have you scanned for spyware/adware? These can help:

    Adaware www.lavasoft.de
    Spybot www.safer-networking.org

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "Joel101988" <Joel101988@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I recently did a system restore, and I am pretty sure I got all of the
    > information onto a C.D.. I am now having trouble launching my old
    > applications (eg. Microsoft Works, Norten Internet Security, etc.), and I
    > was
    > wondering if there was a way to get them back. I tried using the C.D. we
    > got
    > when we purchased the computer system (HP Pavilion Application Recovery),
    > but
    > it doesn't recognize that this is a pavilion. It says on the error "This
    > recovery CD is only designed to work for an HP Pavilion PC". I am also
    > getting all these pop-ups saying my regstry is messed up and to go to some
    > website to fix it. Any ideas anyone?

Microsoft System Restore Windows XP