newbie question

adrian

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2001

I live in the UK and would like to access the internet from home
wirelessly. I only have a laptop, no other pc. I have been told I need
a pc as well as the laptop in order to network the two. All I want
however is to be able to use the laptop around the house without
worrying about wires. I have broadband with BT.

Thanks for any help an advice.

Adrian wrote:

> I live in the UK and would like to access the internet from home
> wirelessly. I only have a laptop, no other pc. I have been told I need
> a pc as well as the laptop in order to network the two. All I want
> however is to be able to use the laptop around the house without
> worrying about wires. I have broadband with BT.
>
> Thanks for any help an advice.

No, you don't need another computer, to access the internet. All you need
is one of those wireless "router" boxes. It will connect to your broadband
modem.

--

Fundamentalism is fundamentally wrong.

james.knott.

Tripod

If your laptop doesn't have wifi built-in, don't forget you will need a
wireless cardbus adapter.