Looking for gaming laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

sweetiebelle

Honorable
Aug 10, 2012
1. What is your budget?

2000 CADish

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?

Not a issue

3. What screen resolution do you want?

1920x1080

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?

Yes, this computer is my everything all the time computer between home work and school, weight is not a issue.

5. How much battery life do you need?

It has to turn on without AC, thats about it :p

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?

BF3 high+ would be the area id be looking for. This has to last me for a while

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)

Gaming, text editing.

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?

512gb+ or the ability to expand later.

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?

My last laptop lasted me 3 years and still can run games decently so this is the bare minimum im looking for.

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?

Bluray is a plus

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.

13. What country do you live in? Canada

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.

Weight, size and battery life really isnt a issue. Quality of build is always a plus.

hpfreak

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2010

Yeah, probably a good idea to go with a free upgrade :D
My question to you Pyree, why should the slave drive be the SSD? Isn't the idea of the SSD to benifit an extra boost of speed for Windows and Programs installed in the C drive?

Well, because you can get the free upgrade on the 1st HDD but not the 2nd HDD. So instead of paying more for 750GB HDD, just swap around and save. Actually, the SSD is almost $50 less on newegg CA, so I just changed the recommendation to make the cost as low as possible. Now, just get the 750GB HDD free from reflex without the SSD (SSD from newegg). BTW, You forgot to include OS in your selection.

hpfreak

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2010

Alright, I guess that makes sense. The only thing is.. that it will be a bit of a hassle to migrate Windows from the HDD to the SSD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS