FANTASTIC LIVERPOOL

WHAT A GAME!!!

I never dreamed Liverpool could play like that. In the first half they
were having fun with Juventus. Baros works hard, but....that`s about it
really. Gerrard, Finnan, Garcia, Carragher and Hyypia: FANTASTIC!!
Carson did a great job as a goalie, except for one mistake, who gave
Juventus a goal. He`s still a talent, and getting to play a game like
this must have been like a dream for him. Tallec was also good. Traore
do a lot of weird things, but he was actually just as attacking as Riise
was, something that lead Riise to "stay behind" to protect the space
Traore left behind when he ran forward. Biscan works hard and really
gave juventus a hard time. He`s no tactical genius and his passes are
below average, but you need a hard worker like that. After the first 45
Juventus were in charge, but they also got tired after getting their
goal and the last 15 was a bit boring, but both teams had played really
entertaining football. WELL DONE LADS!!!

LIVERPOOL - JUVENTUS 2-1

Sunhill

On Tue, 05 Apr 2005 22:51:06 +0200, Sunhill wrote:

> WHAT A GAME!!!
>
> I never dreamed Liverpool could play like that. In the first half they
> were having fun with Juventus. Baros works hard, but....that`s about it
> really. Gerrard, Finnan, Garcia, Carragher and Hyypia: FANTASTIC!!
> Carson did a great job as a goalie, except for one mistake, who gave
> Juventus a goal. He`s still a talent, and getting to play a game like
> this must have been like a dream for him. Tallec was also good. Traore
> do a lot of weird things, but he was actually just as attacking as Riise
> was, something that lead Riise to "stay behind" to protect the space
> Traore left behind when he ran forward. Biscan works hard and really
> gave juventus a hard time. He`s no tactical genius and his passes are
> below average, but you need a hard worker like that. After the first 45
> Juventus were in charge, but they also got tired after getting their
> goal and the last 15 was a bit boring, but both teams had played really
> entertaining football. WELL DONE LADS!!!
>
> LIVERPOOL - JUVENTUS 2-1

Well done Liverpool.

Sets it up nicely for Juve's favourite result in Turin.

--
- / - Daniel - / -

Sunhill wrote:
> WHAT A GAME!!!
>
> I never dreamed Liverpool could play like that. In the first half they
> were having fun with Juventus. Baros works hard, but....that`s about it
> really. Gerrard, Finnan, Garcia, Carragher and Hyypia: FANTASTIC!!
> Carson did a great job as a goalie, except for one mistake, who gave
> Juventus a goal. He`s still a talent, and getting to play a game like
> this must have been like a dream for him. Tallec was also good. Traore
> do a lot of weird things, but he was actually just as attacking as Riise
> was, something that lead Riise to "stay behind" to protect the space
> Traore left behind when he ran forward. Biscan works hard and really
> gave juventus a hard time. He`s no tactical genius and his passes are
> below average, but you need a hard worker like that. After the first 45
> Juventus were in charge, but they also got tired after getting their
> goal and the last 15 was a bit boring, but both teams had played really
> entertaining football. WELL DONE LADS!!!
>
> LIVERPOOL - JUVENTUS 2-1
>
> Sunhill
Yeah great match.. Liverpool played brilliantly in the first half..

Anyone got clips from the Friendship-Tifo gesture done by Liverpool's
fans during the 1 minute silence thingy before the match?

On Tue, 05 Apr 2005 22:51:06 +0200, Sunhill <fortheloveof@god.com>
wrote:

>WHAT A GAME!!!
>
>I never dreamed Liverpool could play like that. In the first half they
>were having fun with Juventus. Baros works hard, but....that`s about it
>really. Gerrard, Finnan, Garcia, Carragher and Hyypia: FANTASTIC!!
>Carson did a great job as a goalie, except for one mistake, who gave
>Juventus a goal. He`s still a talent, and getting to play a game like
>this must have been like a dream for him. Tallec was also good. Traore
>do a lot of weird things, but he was actually just as attacking as Riise
>was, something that lead Riise to "stay behind" to protect the space
>Traore left behind when he ran forward. Biscan works hard and really
>gave juventus a hard time. He`s no tactical genius and his passes are
>below average, but you need a hard worker like that. After the first 45
>Juventus were in charge, but they also got tired after getting their
>goal and the last 15 was a bit boring, but both teams had played really
>entertaining football. WELL DONE LADS!!!
>
>LIVERPOOL - JUVENTUS 2-1
>
>Sunhill

Too bad they'll lose 1-0 and get eliminated.

-Nick

Nick the Greek wrote:
> On Tue, 05 Apr 2005 22:51:06 +0200, Sunhill <fortheloveof@god.com>
> wrote:
>

>>WHAT A GAME!!!
>>
>>I never dreamed Liverpool could play like that. In the first half they
>>were having fun with Juventus. Baros works hard, but....that`s about it
>>really. Gerrard, Finnan, Garcia, Carragher and Hyypia: FANTASTIC!!
>>Carson did a great job as a goalie, except for one mistake, who gave
>>Juventus a goal. He`s still a talent, and getting to play a game like
>>this must have been like a dream for him. Tallec was also good. Traore
>>do a lot of weird things, but he was actually just as attacking as Riise
>>was, something that lead Riise to "stay behind" to protect the space
>>Traore left behind when he ran forward. Biscan works hard and really
>>gave juventus a hard time. He`s no tactical genius and his passes are
>>below average, but you need a hard worker like that. After the first 45
>>Juventus were in charge, but they also got tired after getting their
>>goal and the last 15 was a bit boring, but both teams had played really
>>entertaining football. WELL DONE LADS!!!
>>
>>LIVERPOOL - JUVENTUS 2-1
>>
>>Sunhill
>

> Too bad they'll lose 1-0 and get eliminated.
>
> -Nick

Nah, not too bad. They beat Juventus and they`ve done great in the CL.
Who would`ve guessed? I think they play 1-1 in Turin. Juventus were VERY
slow in defense, and remember Alonso is replacing Biscan for that game.
I wonder what the score would`ve been with Baros and Tallec out and
Cisse and Morientes up front..

Andy

"Sunhill" <fortheloveof@god.com> wrote in message
> Nick the Greek wrote:
>> On Tue, 05 Apr 2005 22:51:06 +0200, Sunhill <fortheloveof@god.com>
>> wrote:
>>

>>>WHAT A GAME!!!
>>>
>>>I never dreamed Liverpool could play like that. In the first half they
>>>were having fun with Juventus. Baros works hard, but....that`s about it
>>>really. Gerrard, Finnan, Garcia, Carragher and Hyypia: FANTASTIC!! Carson
>>>did a great job as a goalie, except for one mistake, who gave Juventus a
>>>goal. He`s still a talent, and getting to play a game like this must have
>>>been like a dream for him. Tallec was also good. Traore do a lot of weird
>>>things, but he was actually just as attacking as Riise was, something
>>>that lead Riise to "stay behind" to protect the space Traore left behind
>>>when he ran forward. Biscan works hard and really gave juventus a hard
>>>time. He`s no tactical genius and his passes are below average, but you
>>>need a hard worker like that. After the first 45 Juventus were in charge,
>>>but they also got tired after getting their goal and the last 15 was a
>>>bit boring, but both teams had played really entertaining football. WELL
>>>DONE LADS!!!
>>>
>>>LIVERPOOL - JUVENTUS 2-1
>>>
>>>Sunhill
>>

>> Too bad they'll lose 1-0 and get eliminated.
>>
>> -Nick
>
> Nah, not too bad. They beat Juventus and they`ve done great in the CL. Who
> would`ve guessed? I think they play 1-1 in Turin. Juventus were VERY slow
> in defense, and remember Alonso is replacing Biscan for that game. I
> wonder what the score would`ve been with Baros and Tallec out and Cisse
> and Morientes up front..

According to Channel 4 News Liverpool Fans have been able to buy tickets in
the Juventus section for the return leg. Hopefully this will be irrelevant
but after the back turning incident that was seen last night I don;t think
that the relationship between the fans is as good as the propaganda dictates

Andy wrote:
> According to Channel 4 News Liverpool Fans have been able to buy tickets in the Juventus section for the return
> leg. Hopefully this will be irrelevant but after the back turning incident that was seen last night I don;t think that the
> relationship between the fans is as good as the propaganda dictates.

Having been to the Delle Alpi and seen the security at the gates, I'd
imagine any Scousers turning up at the home sections will be refused entry
by machine-gun toting policemen. We were given a severe looking over and
our tickets scrutinised before being admitted, and we were all wearing
Juventus gear.

--
Stephen Weir

List of Games for Sale - http://www.glipe.free-online.co.uk/index.htm
ICQ # 11472386

Andy wrote:
> "Sunhill" <fortheloveof@god.com> wrote in message
>
>>Nick the Greek wrote:

>>>Too bad they'll lose 1-0 and get eliminated.
>>>
>>>-Nick
>>
>>Nah, not too bad. They beat Juventus and they`ve done great in the CL. Who
>>would`ve guessed? I think they play 1-1 in Turin. Juventus were VERY slow
>>in defense, and remember Alonso is replacing Biscan for that game. I
>>wonder what the score would`ve been with Baros and Tallec out and Cisse
>>and Morientes up front..
>

> According to Channel 4 News Liverpool Fans have been able to buy tickets in
> the Juventus section for the return leg. Hopefully this will be irrelevant
> but after the back turning incident that was seen last night I don;t think
> that the relationship between the fans is as good as the propaganda dictates

back turning incident?

On Wed, 06 Apr 2005 20:45:34 +0100, Stephen Weir wrote:

> Andy wrote:
>> According to Channel 4 News Liverpool Fans have been able to buy tickets in the Juventus section for the return
>> leg. Hopefully this will be irrelevant but after the back turning incident that was seen last night I don;t think that the
>> relationship between the fans is as good as the propaganda dictates.
>
> Having been to the Delle Alpi and seen the security at the gates, I'd
> imagine any Scousers turning up at the home sections will be refused entry
> by machine-gun toting policemen. We were given a severe looking over and
> our tickets scrutinised before being admitted, and we were all wearing
> Juventus gear.

I can concur from when I went to the San Siro when we played Inter. Apart
from me wearing Inter gear of course.

--
- / - Daniel - / -

On Wed, 06 Apr 2005 20:50:56 +0200, Mikael Schøler
<mikBLA_s@BLAtdcadsl.BLAdk> wrote:

>> According to Channel 4 News Liverpool Fans have been able to buy tickets in
>> the Juventus section for the return leg. Hopefully this will be irrelevant
>> but after the back turning incident that was seen last night I don;t think
>> that the relationship between the fans is as good as the propaganda dictates
>>

>back turning incident?

I assume he's referring to the Juventus fans who turned their backs
when the ceremony before the kick off took place. Some of them were
also giving the finger, it was quite obvious in the TV coverage.

-Nick

Nick the Greek wrote:
> On Wed, 06 Apr 2005 20:50:56 +0200, Mikael Schøler
> <mikBLA_s@BLAtdcadsl.BLAdk> wrote:
>

>>>According to Channel 4 News Liverpool Fans have been able to buy tickets in
>>>the Juventus section for the return leg. Hopefully this will be irrelevant
>>>but after the back turning incident that was seen last night I don;t think
>>>that the relationship between the fans is as good as the propaganda dictates
>>>

>>back turning incident?
>

> I assume he's referring to the Juventus fans who turned their backs
> when the ceremony before the kick off took place. Some of them were
> also giving the finger, it was quite obvious in the TV coverage.
>
> -Nick
Hm strange.. The only thing the newspapers here talk about, is the
L'pool tifo tribute which were met my Juve fans with cheers and claps..

"Mikael Schøler" <mikBLA_s@BLAtdcadsl.BLAdk> wrote in message
> Nick the Greek wrote:
>> On Wed, 06 Apr 2005 20:50:56 +0200, Mikael Schøler
>> <mikBLA_s@BLAtdcadsl.BLAdk> wrote:
>>

>> I assume he's referring to the Juventus fans who turned their backs
>> when the ceremony before the kick off took place. Some of them were
>> also giving the finger, it was quite obvious in the TV coverage.
>>
>> -Nick
> Hm strange.. The only thing the newspapers here talk about, is the L'pool
> tifo tribute which were met my Juve fans with cheers and claps..

It was all over the back pages of the UK papers. To be honest I can't say I
blame them as I have no doubt if the tables were turned that the liverpool
supporters wouldn't have forgiven the Juve fans in a million years.

However, just because they rejected Liverpools hand in friendship doesn't
mean they'll be out to beat up Liverpool supporters at the return leg. I'm
sure they'd realise the hypocracy in doing that (and those that don't are
likely to be total thugs anyway), although any liverpool fan that get's a
ticket in the Juve section would have to be pretty ignorant and stupid.

--
Fil

Fil Arkonus wrote:
> However, just because they rejected Liverpools hand in friendship doesn't mean they'll be out to beat up Liverpool supporters
> at the return leg.

*If*, and it's an almost impossible if, they ended up in either Curvo Nord
or Sud, they wouldn't last 5 seconds. I'd give them 10 seconds in the rest
of the ground.

> I'm sure they'd realise the hypocracy in doing that (and those that don't are likely to be total thugs anyway), although any
> liverpool fan that get's a ticket in the Juve section would have to be pretty ignorant and stupid.

You do realise that it's the total thugs that will be out to cause trouble.
Like the Inter and Verona fans fighting each other during the Italy vs
Scotland match.

--
Stephen Weir

List of Games for Sale - http://www.glipe.free-online.co.uk/index.htm
ICQ # 11472386

Daniel Marsh wrote:

> > Having been to the Delle Alpi and seen the security at the gates, I'd
> > imagine any Scousers turning up at the home sections will be refused entry
> > by machine-gun toting policemen. We were given a severe looking over and
> > our tickets scrutinised before being admitted, and we were all wearing
> > Juventus gear.

> I can concur from when I went to the San Siro when we played Inter. Apart
> from me wearing Inter gear of course.

Yes, we all know you wore Armani gear. :p

--
Miljenko [milcrnko at inet dot hr]

np: Bloc Party - Helicopter

Andy wrote:

> "Sunhill" <fortheloveof@god.com> wrote in message
>
>>Nick the Greek wrote:

>>>Too bad they'll lose 1-0 and get eliminated.
>>>
>>>-Nick
>>
>>Nah, not too bad. They beat Juventus and they`ve done great in the CL. Who
>>would`ve guessed? I think they play 1-1 in Turin. Juventus were VERY slow
>>in defense, and remember Alonso is replacing Biscan for that game. I
>>wonder what the score would`ve been with Baros and Tallec out and Cisse
>>and Morientes up front..
>

> According to Channel 4 News Liverpool Fans have been able to buy tickets in
> the Juventus section for the return leg. Hopefully this will be irrelevant
> but after the back turning incident that was seen last night I don;t think
> that the relationship between the fans is as good as the propaganda dictates

No, seems like the friendship is a mediacreated thing. I think they
still hate each other. Real fans MIGHT be able to get along, but there
are "hooligans" on both sides...

On Thu, 07 Apr 2005 12:55:03 +0200, Miljenko wrote:

> Daniel Marsh wrote:
>
>>> Having been to the Delle Alpi and seen the security at the gates, I'd
>>> imagine any Scousers turning up at the home sections will be refused entry
>>> by machine-gun toting policemen. We were given a severe looking over and
>>> our tickets scrutinised before being admitted, and we were all wearing
>>> Juventus gear.
>
>> I can concur from when I went to the San Siro when we played Inter. Apart
>> from me wearing Inter gear of course.
>
> Yes, we all know you wore Armani gear. :p

When in Milan....

--
- / - Daniel - / -

On Thu, 7 Apr 2005 22:35:49 +0100, Daniel Marsh
<danmaruk@NOSPAMTHANKSbtopenworld.com> wrote:

>>> I can concur from when I went to the San Siro when we played Inter. Apart
>>> from me wearing Inter gear of course.
>>
>> Yes, we all know you wore Armani gear. :p
>
>When in Milan....

wear a cheap knockoff from the market?
--

gamertag: chrisflynnuk
Live Line-up: RS3, RS3:BA, PGR2, Links04, SC:pT, Toca2, RSC2, MM3,

On Thu, 07 Apr 2005 16:45:04 +0200, Sunhill wrote:

> Andy wrote:
>
>> "Sunhill" <fortheloveof@god.com> wrote in message

>>>Nah, not too bad. They beat Juventus and they`ve done great in the CL. Who
>>>would`ve guessed? I think they play 1-1 in Turin. Juventus were VERY slow
>>>in defense, and remember Alonso is replacing Biscan for that game. I
>>>wonder what the score would`ve been with Baros and Tallec out and Cisse
>>>and Morientes up front..
>>

>> According to Channel 4 News Liverpool Fans have been able to buy tickets in
>> the Juventus section for the return leg. Hopefully this will be irrelevant
>> but after the back turning incident that was seen last night I don;t think
>> that the relationship between the fans is as good as the propaganda dictates
>>

> No, seems like the friendship is a mediacreated thing. I think they
> still hate each other. Real fans MIGHT be able to get along, but there
> are "hooligans" on both sides...

I think they will be alright if they go with the offical party, but there
is the possibility of trouble if fans travel to the stadium by themselves
and possibly in the town centre. I'd say it's likely the Liverpool fans
will be kept behind for a LONG time when the whistle blows, we were kept
behind for more than an hour after we stuffed Inter (no homo).

--
- / - Daniel - / -

Daniel Marsh wrote:
> On Thu, 07 Apr 2005 16:45:04 +0200, Sunhill wrote:
>

>>Andy wrote:
>>

>>>"Sunhill" <fortheloveof@god.com> wrote in message

>>>According to Channel 4 News Liverpool Fans have been able to buy tickets in
>>>the Juventus section for the return leg. Hopefully this will be irrelevant
>>>but after the back turning incident that was seen last night I don;t think
>>>that the relationship between the fans is as good as the propaganda dictates
>>>

>>No, seems like the friendship is a mediacreated thing. I think they
>>still hate each other. Real fans MIGHT be able to get along, but there
>>are "hooligans" on both sides...
>

> I think they will be alright if they go with the offical party, but there
> is the possibility of trouble if fans travel to the stadium by themselves
> and possibly in the town centre. I'd say it's likely the Liverpool fans
> will be kept behind for a LONG time when the whistle blows, we were kept
> behind for more than an hour after we stuffed Inter (no homo).

Let`s just hope the "bad guys" are being followed by the security
people. Last time (heysel) some italians started to throw rocks at
english hooligans outside the stadium and that caused a riot in the
streets, and now, these last 3 months, they have revealed that the
italian fans startet spitting and calling the liverpool fans names, and
you DON`T insult a hooligan...very dumb move. Ok, they over reacted, but
both sides are to blame, but yes, mainly the english. I also blame the
security. Too easy for something like this to happen. I hope it never
happens again.

On Thu, 07 Apr 2005 22:01:06 GMT, Chris F wrote:

> On Thu, 7 Apr 2005 22:35:49 +0100, Daniel Marsh
> <danmaruk@NOSPAMTHANKSbtopenworld.com> wrote:

>>> Yes, we all know you wore Armani gear. :p
>>
>>When in Milan....
>
> wear a cheap knockoff from the market?

Wouldn't know about that.

--