Sign in with
Your question

Best card to connect to plasma tv

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
September 15, 2004 6:27:09 PM

Hi all,
Currently using an ATI all in wonder. DVI out from card straight into tv. Tested all the settings and can't get a decent picture. If there are high-contrasting lines, like black lines on white screen. You can noticeably see the screen refresh.
Any suggestions on a different card? are there any dedicated tv-out cards?

More about : card connect plasma

September 15, 2004 6:59:22 PM

is it HDTV ??

if u have money, get a bad ass video card, and hdtv wonder.

<i> :tongue: <font color=blue>I don't suffer from insanity.</font color=blue><font color=red> I enjoy every minute of it.</font color=red> :tongue: </i>
<b>He who laughs last thinks slowest!</b>
September 15, 2004 10:46:16 PM

I'd go <A HREF="http://avsforum.com" target="_new">here</A> and ask there. A lot of knowledgable people there who may be able to help you.

-----------------------
oh, its a nice day. TO EAT CHILDREN!!!
Related resources
September 15, 2004 11:10:19 PM

ATI has new X800-XT All-in-Wonder card.

========================
Try everything...
Do not be afraid of failure, for this is how we learn and grow...
Live life to the fullest...
Do not regret what you have not yet done!!!
a b U Graphics card
September 16, 2004 12:38:22 AM

Pfft, no need for AIW if he's only displaying.

And I'd wait for the new Theatre 550 to make it's way into the new cards before upgrading. Looks very sweet based on specs.

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! - <font color=green>RED </font color=green> <font color=red> GREEN</font color=red> GA to SK :evil: 
a b U Graphics card
September 16, 2004 12:52:32 AM

Like priyajeet asked, HD or pseudo HD?

Which version of the All-in-wonder are you currently using?

Also do you need recording functions? Do you play games or is this just a media display for playing DVDs, etc.

BEST image quality there is for DVI out is still one top maker Matrox. However if you have a quality ATI you should be getting a good picture now, and may just need to tweak settings.

BTW, TV-out cards don't refer to what you are talking about, TV-out is either CO-AX or S-Vid and their image quality will be very crap in comparo, DVI is what you're looking for.

Since you say DVI it's not a VE or lower and that's the only one that I would question it's abilities. the AIW8500/8500DV and above should all be able to handle normal video.

If you are gaming, and you have an ultra high-res screen like an 1920x1080 or even 1280x1024 you would have issues like anyone else running games with a weak card, but for 2D stuff these cards should be fine.

Check to make sure your setting match and you don't have something off, like the refresh, etc. It should usually autodetect, but there may be some confusion with it thinking it's an LG monitor and not an LG TV, or whatever it is.

Anywhoo, double check your TV's specs and the AIW's settings and make sure they match.

Also when does this happen other than high contrast, what is it you're watching when it does this, test, dvd, games, etc.

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! - <font color=green>RED </font color=green> <font color=red> GREEN</font color=red> GA to SK :evil: 
!