No help window when right click ?

Have new XP Home computer w/SP2. On screens with ? in upper right, I can
click on the ? and drag it to the field, but the help windows never shows up.
I happens whether MS spyware program is on or off as well as the firewall.

It works ok on my other XP Home system... just not the new one.

Thanks, Bob
3 answers Last reply
More about window click

    Pressing the F1 function key should bring up the Help function in just about every Windows' program, plus most 3rd-party programs.
    Where is it you're trying the question mark-thing ?

    --
    Maurice N
    MVP Windows - Shell / User

    "Bob S." wrote
    > Have new XP Home computer w/SP2. On screens with ? in upper right, I can
    > click on the ? and drag it to the field, but the help windows never shows up.
    > I happens whether MS spyware program is on or off as well as the firewall.
    >
    > It works ok on my other XP Home system... just not the new one.
    >
    > Thanks, Bob

    The ones I was using was in the properties screens for networking, such as
    properties on TCP/IP when you are in the advanced screens, etc. The F1
    function does not work in them either on this computer (works ok on the other
    XP system I have).

    "Maurice N ~ MVP" wrote:

    > Pressing the F1 function key should bring up the Help function in just about every Windows' program, plus most 3rd-party programs.
    > Where is it you're trying the question mark-thing ?
    >
    > --
    > Maurice N
    > MVP Windows - Shell / User
    > -----
    >

    > "Bob S." wrote
    > > Have new XP Home computer w/SP2. On screens with ? in upper right, I can
    > > click on the ? and drag it to the field, but the help windows never shows up.
    > > I happens whether MS spyware program is on or off as well as the firewall.
    > >
    > > It works ok on my other XP Home system... just not the new one.
    > >
    > > Thanks, Bob

    Try using Help and Support from the main Start menus. Then search on your topic.
    HTH
    --
    Maurice N
    MVP Windows - Shell / User

    "Bob S." wrote
    > The ones I was using was in the properties screens for networking, such as
    > properties on TCP/IP when you are in the advanced screens, etc. The F1
    > function does not work in them either on this computer (works ok on the other
    > XP system I have).

Microsoft Windows XP