jp03hplayer

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2004
Hey Im wondering, will i need two pci-e slots to run 2 vid cards in an SLI setup, if so, will the nforce 4 have 2 pci-e slots? And if it only has one slot, whats the point of waiting for pci-e if i can't run two cards in sli

Yes you need two slots (seems like a well ... duh question, but anywhoo.....).

Yes, CK8-04 is supposed to come with 3 versions, Ultra and SLI which both should support dual PCIe, and the generic/non-ultra/whatever which will just have 1 PCIe. nV is expected to call them Nforce4, but even that is becoming an issue with the different version, they may move to a wider variety of names and numbers.

And if it only has one slot, whats the point of waiting for pci-e if i can't run two cards in sli
Because future cards will primarily be PCIe, and who knows what kind of resources they will take advanatage of.

But no one says you NEED PCIe, however you may want it. But even that depends on what you have to spend and what you are doing.

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! - <font color=green>RED </font color=green> <font color=red> GREEN</font color=red> GA to SK :evil:

sweatlaserxp

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2003
You don't need PCIe to run <A HREF="http://www.homestarrunner.com/dg1.html" target="_new">THIS!!!!</A>

Athlon 2500+, Asus A7N8X Deluxe Rev2, 768Mb Corsair XMS 5-2-2-2.5, Sapphire 9800 Pro 128Mb, Seagate SATA 80Gb, Fortron-Source FSP400-60PFN