Slow to Hibernate

Hi
My Asus M5N laptop has suddenly become very slow to hibernate.

it used to take about 20 sec, but about a week agoo, it suddenly started
taking about 10 min.

plenty of free space, no fragmentation.

is it a virus or something??

Norton came up clean.

What's goin on???
Thanks
VorQ

"VorQ" <VorQ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>My Asus M5N laptop has suddenly become very slow to hibernate.
>
>it used to take about 20 sec, but about a week agoo, it suddenly started
>taking about 10 min.

Did you recently disable the 'write cache' for c drive? If so,
re-enable it and see if that helps. In XP Home, here's one way to get
to the option:

MyComputer / C drive / Properties / Hardware / double click on hard
drive / Policies / and check the Enable write caching box.