Radeon 9800XT Multi Monitor deep fry???

Garratt

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2004
So i've had my Sapphire Radeon 9800XT for about ½ year now running with 2 monitors attached without any problems.
Couple of weeks ago i switched one monitor to another pc for a while. Meanwhile i tried to hook the card up to my tv set for the first time ever and saw a lot of simpsons for a night :) without any problems.
Next day i attached the second monitor again and detached the tvset and BANG!!! all of the sudddenly i can get no display on my second monitor OR the tv set.
The main monitor attached works fine but i can no longer attach a second monitor or tvset and get a display.
Tried to change drivers (8 versions of the cataclyst drivers) , format the entire system and change monitors but nothing. Both monitor works fine on the main display both nothing on the secondary :(.
The second monitor i bought is now worthless unless i buy a NEW graphics or get the old one fixed.
Has anybody had the same experience and know what to do or does anybody has any idea of what i've done wrong?
Any helpfull comment would be VERY appreciated cause i'm pissed and totally blank.

"Sneaksie manfool.."
-- Garratt

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
You probably need to turn the monitor output back on in advanced display settings.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

Garratt

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2004
Tried just about every option in the display / adv. display settings and in the cataclyst driver without any results.
In the display settings its unable to active/detect the other monitor. When I active the other monitor the settings wait a second and then simply gray out the monitor again.

"Sneaksie manfool.."
-- Garratt<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by garratt on 09/17/04 06:18 AM.</EM></FONT></P>