Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

I dont have system backup in xp ???

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
Anonymous
May 16, 2005 1:24:07 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

I looked but it aint their ? Cani bring it up with the command line ot
somthing.

Thanks.

/ps and can i backup to a DVD ??

More about : dont system backup

Anonymous
May 16, 2005 1:24:08 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Hi On Holidays,

If you have XP Home Edition, have a look at this MSKB article:
HOW TO: Install Backup from the CD-ROM in Windows XP Home Edition
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=302894

No, you cannot backup to a DVD:
Windows Backup Does Not Back Up to CD-R, CD-RW, or DVD-R Devices
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=315255



Regards,

--
Patti MacLeod
Microsoft MVP - Windows Shell/User

"On Holidays" <abbyrow.com.uk> wrote in message
news:b9ce81p63e16ti5bnu56vgambfh05k81du@4ax.com...
>
>
> I looked but it aint their ? Cani bring it up with the command line ot
> somthing.
>
> Thanks.
>
> /ps and can i backup to a DVD ??
>
Anonymous
May 16, 2005 1:24:08 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Have you tried Double click my computer then right click the disk you want to
backup, should be a Backup option there.

petecee
Related resources
Anonymous
May 16, 2005 1:24:08 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

What options do you have if you check the disk properties.
Right click disk, select properties, select Tools Tab. You should have Error
Checking, De-fragging and Backup by default on an XP Pro system.

petecee
Anonymous
May 16, 2005 2:38:12 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Nope no backup option. I have Xp pro.


On Sun, 15 May 2005 04:52:02 -0700, "petecee"
<petecee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Have you tried Double click my computer then right click the disk you want to
>backup, should be a Backup option there.
>
>petecee
Anonymous
May 16, 2005 2:38:13 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

If you have the normal setup of XP Prof: Start/All
Programs/Accessories/System Tools/Backup.
Gene K

On Holidays wrote:
>
>
> Nope no backup option. I have Xp pro.
>
>
> On Sun, 15 May 2005 04:52:02 -0700, "petecee"
> <petecee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
>
>>Have you tried Double click my computer then right click the disk you want to
>>backup, should be a Backup option there.
>>
>>petecee
>
>
Anonymous
May 16, 2005 5:55:07 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

The Error checking is their and defrag but no backup ???

HMMMM somthings scewy here.



Oh well was going to use a third part program. But was wanting to see
the cpabilitys of backup !!!

Thanks.



On Sun, 15 May 2005 07:43:25 -0700, "petecee"
<petecee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>What options do you have if you check the disk properties.
>Right click disk, select properties, select Tools Tab. You should have Error
>Checking, De-fragging and Backup by default on an XP Pro system.
>
>petecee
!