I dont have system backup in xp ???

I looked but it aint their ? Cani bring it up with the command line ot
somthing.

Thanks.

/ps and can i backup to a DVD ??
6 answers Last reply
More about dont system backup

    Hi On Holidays,

    If you have XP Home Edition, have a look at this MSKB article:
    HOW TO: Install Backup from the CD-ROM in Windows XP Home Edition

    No, you cannot backup to a DVD:
    Windows Backup Does Not Back Up to CD-R, CD-RW, or DVD-R Devices

    Regards,

    --
    Patti MacLeod
    Microsoft MVP - Windows Shell/User

    "On Holidays" <abbyrow.com.uk> wrote in message

    > I looked but it aint their ? Cani bring it up with the command line ot
    > somthing.
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > /ps and can i backup to a DVD ??

    Have you tried Double click my computer then right click the disk you want to
    backup, should be a Backup option there.

    petecee

    What options do you have if you check the disk properties.
    Right click disk, select properties, select Tools Tab. You should have Error
    Checking, De-fragging and Backup by default on an XP Pro system.

    petecee

    Nope no backup option. I have Xp pro.

    On Sun, 15 May 2005 04:52:02 -0700, "petecee"
    <petecee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >Have you tried Double click my computer then right click the disk you want to
    >backup, should be a Backup option there.
    >
    >petecee

    If you have the normal setup of XP Prof: Start/All
    Programs/Accessories/System Tools/Backup.
    Gene K

    On Holidays wrote:

    > Nope no backup option. I have Xp pro.
    >

    > On Sun, 15 May 2005 04:52:02 -0700, "petecee"
    > <petecee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
    >

    >>Have you tried Double click my computer then right click the disk you want to
    >>backup, should be a Backup option there.
    >>
    >>petecee

    The Error checking is their and defrag but no backup ???

    HMMMM somthings scewy here.

    Oh well was going to use a third part program. But was wanting to see
    the cpabilitys of backup !!!

    Thanks.

    On Sun, 15 May 2005 07:43:25 -0700, "petecee"
    <petecee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >What options do you have if you check the disk properties.
    >Right click disk, select properties, select Tools Tab. You should have Error
    >Checking, De-fragging and Backup by default on an XP Pro system.
    >
    >petecee

Windows XP Backup Microsoft Command Line