Likely never, however PCIe should arrive shortly.

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! - <font color=green>RED </font color=green> <font color=red> GREEN</font color=red> GA to SK :evil:

Vapor

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2001
Likely never
Minus the "likely." I have yet to see a 9800 or 5900 series on PCI...and they aren't coming out with one anytime soon (too high of a price for freakishly low performance).

Maxtor disgraces the six letters that make Matrox.

cleeve

Illustrious
Hopefully, widespread PCIe will mark the end of the days of Compaqs and Dells that don't have any real possibility of video card upgrades because they don't have an AGP slot.

Then again, the PCIe graphics post is supposedly different from the generic PCIe ports... I wonder, will they make generic PCIe slot graphics cards? Or will all PCIe mobos have the graphics-specific PCIe slot?

It's not really graphics specific persay so much as bandwidth specific. 1X is one siz, 4X bigger, 8x bigger still, and so far the 16x (used for graphics exclusively right now) is the longest. Not sure if it's specifically Graphics though. If they have a bunch of 4X or 8X slots and they make some graphics cards based on it, likely you could achieve a multiple card array with 3+ cards IMO.

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! - <font color=green>RED </font color=green> <font color=red> GREEN</font color=red> GA to SK :evil:

blackphoenix77

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2004
Dude, it's really time you upgrade.

<font color=blue>AthlonXP-M 2500+(12x200)</font color=blue>|<font color=green>Abit NF7-S</font color=green>|<font color=red>Kingston DDR400 2x256Mb</font color=red>|<font color=purple>NEC Accucync90 19"</font color=purple>|<font color=black>Sapphire 9600XT</font color=black>

TRENDING THREADS