My old laptop is a few years old, 2.0 GHz, 250gb, 1366 resolution..it's time for an upgrade. I know that I don't need a really good laptop, but i'd rather not settle for a bad one.
1. What is your budget?
$800 USD, I'd prefer lower since I'm sure I could get by with one thats 400
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
Preferable a screen around 15.6 inches. Wouldn't mind 17ish though
3. What screen resolution do you want?
1600 or better
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
In between, mainly portable though
5. How much battery life do you need?
Currently my laptop battery lasts an hour, I'd love for long battery life but it's not a deal breaker
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
Low-Medium gaming. I don't game much but I may want to.
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
Multitask! I'm always on the internet, playing a game, watching a movie, listening to music, and videochatting at the same time.
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
I really love Newegg, but I'm open to any trustworthy site
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
13. What country do you live in?
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
-Looks matter to me, I like a pretty looking laptop (Although I don't reallllllly care)
These are what I was considering in no specific order:
That Samsumg deal looks sweet. The only problem though is that it does not have a dedicated GPU. Which is not a big issue since you don't plan on gaming much, but if you do.. You will be playing on low quality settings, nothing more. Also, the resolution you specified above is 1600x900p.. the Samsung laptop with the Xbox deal is 1366x768p.
If you want a laptop capable of doing more for the same price: