Acer CD/DVD rewrite burner

I have a laptop Acer Aspire 5253 and from the begining the cd/dvd hardware does not appear in the window My Computer. Besidesit doesnt play anithing. Thinking to replace but a guy from Tigerdirect says has to be the same model or will not work. Help Please. Thanks
3 answers Last reply
More about acer rewrite burner
  1. It does not need to be the exact same model: I've replaced DVD drives on laptops and haven't run into that sort of compatibility issue. Just make sure to match up the interface type (IDE or SATA) and swap the face-plate from the original Acer laptop to the new one.
  2. SchizTech said:
    It does not need to be the exact same model: I've replaced DVD drives on laptops and haven't run into that sort of compatibility issue. Just make sure to match up the interface type (IDE or SATA) and swap the face-plate from the original Acer laptop to the new one.

Thanks my friend. I suspected that, but wasnt sure. Then, the system is suposed to recognize it, and display it in My Computer, does it?
  3. Windows will install the driver automatically, and it will then show up in My Computer.
Ask a new question

Read More

Acer CD-Rom DVD Laptops