can anyone get to the fido.ca website? it seems to be extremely slow
and timing out most of the time. i've been trying to get to it since
last night.

--
-justin
9 answers Last reply
More about fido website problems

    Justin McKillican wrote:

    > can anyone get to the fido.ca website? it seems to be extremely slow
    > and timing out most of the time. i've been trying to get to it since
    > last night.

    It is up and running, but extremely slow. But since I don't run windows and
    Fido designs its site for windows users only, I rarely use their site.

    On 2004-07-24 12:47:10 -0400, JF Mezei <jfmezei.spamnot@teksavvy.com> said:

    > Justin McKillican wrote:
    >>
    >> can anyone get to the fido.ca website? it seems to be extremely slow
    >> and timing out most of the time. i've been trying to get to it since
    >> last night.
    >
    > It is up and running, but extremely slow. But since I don't run windows and
    > Fido designs its site for windows users only, I rarely use their site.

    i've never been to the fido.ca site on a windoze machine and it's
    always worked fine here.

    --
    -justin

    In article <2004072412573443658%justin@mckillremovethisalsothisca>,
    Justin McKillican <justin@mckill.removethis.alsothis.ca> wrote:

    > i've never been to the fido.ca site on a windoze machine and it's
    > always worked fine here.

    Ditto here.

    --
    Steven Fisher; sdfisher@spamcop.net
    "Morituri Nolumus Mori."

    Justin McKillican <justin@mckill.removethis.alsothis.ca> wrote in message news:<2004072412192750073%justin@mckillremovethisalsothisca>...
    > can anyone get to the fido.ca website? it seems to be extremely slow
    > and timing out most of the time. i've been trying to get to it since
    > last night.

    And... it's down again now. This happens A LOT. They've also have real
    problems with the online billing section for months now. Amateurs....

    In alt.cellular.fido,
    Blader <blader@c4.com> wrote:
    > Justin McKillican <justin@mckill.removethis.alsothis.ca> wrote in message news:<2004072412192750073%justin@mckillremovethisalsothisca>...
    > > can anyone get to the fido.ca website? it seems to be extremely slow
    > > and timing out most of the time. i've been trying to get to it since
    > > last night.
    >
    > And... it's down again now. This happens A LOT. They've also have real
    > problems with the online billing section for months now. Amateurs....

    Maybe they forgot to renew? There's no nameserver records in the .ca
    roots, and:

    $ whois fido.ca
    [...]
    Renewal-Date: 2005/08/09
    Date-Modified: 2004/08/09

    they *did* renew sometime today, which makes me think they forgot and
    only noticed when things stopped working. There's always a short
    delay between renewing after expiry and getting your nameserver
    records back in.

    -Rich

    --
    Rich Lafferty --------------+-----------------------------------------------
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada | Help save the endangered Mountain Walrus!

    Wow - unbelievable! Amateurs like I said. Thanks for the info Rich.

    Rich Lafferty <rich+alt-cellular-fido@lafferty.ca> wrote in message news:<slrnchfi54.op2.rich+alt-cellular-fido@boreale.home.mati.ca>...
    > In alt.cellular.fido,
    > Blader <blader@c4.com> wrote:
    > > Justin McKillican <justin@mckill.removethis.alsothis.ca> wrote in message news:<2004072412192750073%justin@mckillremovethisalsothisca>...
    > > > can anyone get to the fido.ca website? it seems to be extremely slow
    > > > and timing out most of the time. i've been trying to get to it since
    > > > last night.
    > >
    > > And... it's down again now. This happens A LOT. They've also have real
    > > problems with the online billing section for months now. Amateurs....
    >
    > Maybe they forgot to renew? There's no nameserver records in the .ca
    > roots, and:
    >
    > $ whois fido.ca
    > [...]
    > Renewal-Date: 2005/08/09
    > Date-Modified: 2004/08/09
    >
    > they *did* renew sometime today, which makes me think they forgot and
    > only noticed when things stopped working. There's always a short
    > delay between renewing after expiry and getting your nameserver
    > records back in.
    >
    > -Rich

    > > they *did* renew sometime today, which makes me think they forgot and
    > > only noticed when things stopped working. There's always a short
    > > delay between renewing after expiry and getting your nameserver
    > > records back in.
    > >
    > > -Rich

    Actually, Fido didn't screw up. They did renew in time. It's the
    registrar that didn't do their job properly.

    ChapiChapo wrote:
    > Actually, Fido didn't screw up. They did renew in time. It's the
    > registrar that didn't do their job properly.

    When you run a serious shop, you don't take chances like this. if CIRA takes
    time to renew, then you put in the renewall paperwork ahead of time. Sorry, no
    excuse there.

    On 2004-08-13 19:56:36 -0400, JF Mezei <jfmezei.spamnot@teksavvy.com> said:

    > ChapiChapo wrote:
    >> Actually, Fido didn't screw up. They did renew in time. It's the
    >> registrar that didn't do their job properly.
    >
    > When you run a serious shop, you don't take chances like this. if CIRA takes
    > time to renew, then you put in the renewall paperwork ahead of time. Sorry, no
    > excuse there.

    it should of been renewed for like 10 years anyways...

    --
    -justin

Fido Internet Service Providers