fido website problems

Last response: in Network Providers
July 24, 2004 4:19:27 PM

can anyone get to the fido.ca website? it seems to be extremely slow
and timing out most of the time. i've been trying to get to it since
last night.

--
-justin

More about : fido website problems

Anonymous
July 24, 2004 4:47:10 PM

Justin McKillican wrote:

> can anyone get to the fido.ca website? it seems to be extremely slow
> and timing out most of the time. i've been trying to get to it since
> last night.

It is up and running, but extremely slow. But since I don't run windows and
Fido designs its site for windows users only, I rarely use their site.
Anonymous
July 24, 2004 4:57:34 PM

On 2004-07-24 12:47:10 -0400, JF Mezei <jfmezei.spamnot@teksavvy.com> said:

> Justin McKillican wrote:
>>
>> can anyone get to the fido.ca website? it seems to be extremely slow
>> and timing out most of the time. i've been trying to get to it since
>> last night.
>
> It is up and running, but extremely slow. But since I don't run windows and
> Fido designs its site for windows users only, I rarely use their site.

i've never been to the fido.ca site on a windoze machine and it's
always worked fine here.

--
-justin
July 27, 2004 3:25:53 AM

In article <2004072412573443658%justin@mckillremovethisalsothisca>,
Justin McKillican <justin@mckill.removethis.alsothis.ca> wrote:

> i've never been to the fido.ca site on a windoze machine and it's
> always worked fine here.

Ditto here.

--
Steven Fisher; sdfisher@spamcop.net
"Morituri Nolumus Mori."

Justin McKillican <justin@mckill.removethis.alsothis.ca> wrote in message news:<2004072412192750073%justin@mckillremovethisalsothisca>...
> can anyone get to the fido.ca website? it seems to be extremely slow
> and timing out most of the time. i've been trying to get to it since
> last night.

And... it's down again now. This happens A LOT. They've also have real
problems with the online billing section for months now. Amateurs....
Anonymous
August 9, 2004 10:55:40 PM

In alt.cellular.fido,
Blader <blader@c4.com> wrote:
> Justin McKillican <justin@mckill.removethis.alsothis.ca> wrote in message news:<2004072412192750073%justin@mckillremovethisalsothisca>...
> > can anyone get to the fido.ca website? it seems to be extremely slow
> > and timing out most of the time. i've been trying to get to it since
> > last night.
>
> And... it's down again now. This happens A LOT. They've also have real
> problems with the online billing section for months now. Amateurs....

Maybe they forgot to renew? There's no nameserver records in the .ca
roots, and:

$ whois fido.ca
[...]
Renewal-Date: 2005/08/09
Date-Modified: 2004/08/09

they *did* renew sometime today, which makes me think they forgot and
only noticed when things stopped working. There's always a short
delay between renewing after expiry and getting your nameserver
records back in.

-Rich

--
Rich Lafferty --------------+-----------------------------------------------
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada | Help save the endangered Mountain Walrus!

Wow - unbelievable! Amateurs like I said. Thanks for the info Rich.

Rich Lafferty <rich+alt-cellular-fido@lafferty.ca> wrote in message news:<slrnchfi54.op2.rich+alt-cellular-fido@boreale.home.mati.ca>...
> In alt.cellular.fido,
> Blader <blader@c4.com> wrote:
> > Justin McKillican <justin@mckill.removethis.alsothis.ca> wrote in message news:<2004072412192750073%justin@mckillremovethisalsothisca>...
> > > can anyone get to the fido.ca website? it seems to be extremely slow
> > > and timing out most of the time. i've been trying to get to it since
> > > last night.
> >
> > And... it's down again now. This happens A LOT. They've also have real
> > problems with the online billing section for months now. Amateurs....
>
> Maybe they forgot to renew? There's no nameserver records in the .ca
> roots, and:
>
> $ whois fido.ca
> [...]
> Renewal-Date: 2005/08/09
> Date-Modified: 2004/08/09
>
> they *did* renew sometime today, which makes me think they forgot and
> only noticed when things stopped working. There's always a short
> delay between renewing after expiry and getting your nameserver
> records back in.
>
> -Rich
Anonymous
August 10, 2004 11:17:14 PM

> > they *did* renew sometime today, which makes me think they forgot and
> > only noticed when things stopped working. There's always a short
> > delay between renewing after expiry and getting your nameserver
> > records back in.
> >
> > -Rich

Actually, Fido didn't screw up. They did renew in time. It's the
registrar that didn't do their job properly.
Anonymous
August 13, 2004 11:56:36 PM

ChapiChapo wrote:
> Actually, Fido didn't screw up. They did renew in time. It's the
> registrar that didn't do their job properly.

When you run a serious shop, you don't take chances like this. if CIRA takes
time to renew, then you put in the renewall paperwork ahead of time. Sorry, no
excuse there.
Anonymous
August 14, 2004 4:40:59 AM

On 2004-08-13 19:56:36 -0400, JF Mezei <jfmezei.spamnot@teksavvy.com> said:

> ChapiChapo wrote:
>> Actually, Fido didn't screw up. They did renew in time. It's the
>> registrar that didn't do their job properly.
>
> When you run a serious shop, you don't take chances like this. if CIRA takes
> time to renew, then you put in the renewall paperwork ahead of time. Sorry, no
> excuse there.

it should of been renewed for like 10 years anyways...

--
-justin
!