PCMCIA 802.11g w/antenna connector & netstumbler support?

Which PCMCIA 802.11g cards are currently supported by Network Stumbler?
The last time I looked, the Hermes chipset was "fully" supported, but that
was back in the olden 802.11b days.

Which 802.11g cards have antenna connectors?

--
Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN bert@visi.com

hey Bert,

while not officially supported, the PROXIM 8470-WD - WIRELESS 802.11B/11G
PCCARD GOLD has an external antenna connector, and works great for me using
NetStumbler under Windows XP (SP1). Though I do have to use the older
driver for this card, or else NetStumbler shuts down as soon as I open it.

regards,
GPL

gplamaRE@MOVEiinetTHIS.n3t.au (GPLama) wrote in

> while not officially supported, the PROXIM 8470-WD - WIRELESS
> 802.11B/11G PCCARD GOLD has an external antenna connector, and
> works great for me using NetStumbler under Windows XP (SP1).
> Though I do have to use the older driver for this card, or else
> NetStumbler shuts down as soon as I open it.

When you say "not officially supported", do you mean that the
connector isn't enabled by the standard driver, or that they just
don't talk about it in the documentation?

> "Bert Hyman" <bert@visi.com> wrote in message
>> Which PCMCIA 802.11g cards are currently supported by Network
>> Stumbler? The last time I looked, the Hermes chipset was "fully"
>> supported, but that was back in the olden 802.11b days.
>>
>> Which 802.11g cards have antenna connectors?

--
Bert Hyman | St. Paul, MN | bert@visi.com

It is not listed as a supported card on the NS website.

> gplamaRE@MOVEiinetTHIS.n3t.au (GPLama) wrote in
>
> > while not officially supported, the PROXIM 8470-WD - WIRELESS
> > 802.11B/11G PCCARD GOLD has an external antenna connector, and
> > works great for me using NetStumbler under Windows XP (SP1).
> > Though I do have to use the older driver for this card, or else
> > NetStumbler shuts down as soon as I open it.
>
> When you say "not officially supported", do you mean that the
> connector isn't enabled by the standard driver, or that they just
> don't talk about it in the documentation?
>
> > "Bert Hyman" <bert@visi.com> wrote in message
> >> Which PCMCIA 802.11g cards are currently supported by Network
> >> Stumbler? The last time I looked, the Hermes chipset was "fully"
> >> supported, but that was back in the olden 802.11b days.
> >>
> >> Which 802.11g cards have antenna connectors?
>

> --
> Bert Hyman | St. Paul, MN | bert@visi.com

TRENDING THREADS