TECH: Assault take 4 minutes to 'powe on'

My Assault works great and has a beautiful burn-free monitor. The curious
thing is that when it's cold it takes about four minutes after I turn on the
power before the game starts up. After it runs a few minutes I can turn it
off count to 10 and turn it back on and it comes right on. What in the
world takes 4 minutes to warm up? I haven't had it on much in the last two
years and if I remember correctly it used to take a little bit before it
started but nowhere near 4 minutes. Any ideas?

the blindraccoon

Man, I need a spell checker for my titles!

Poor spellers of the world UNTIE!

The marquee does light up, the heaters on the tube neck glow immediately,
everything seems to come up right away except the mainboard. Does it make
sense that the power supply would take a while before generating 5/12 volts?
A big cap charging or something?

By $20 switcher I assume you mean the power supply?

Thanks for your help.

Hi,i had the same problem and it was the hard drive.
I install a new hard drive and now its perfect.
Try to copy your hard drive and try it,it solve my problem.
Good luck
Denis

--
www.amusement911.com