Display - Desktop

May 15, 2005 3:19:32 PM

With the help of a previous post, I was able to change the registry to allow
viewing of the Control Panel - Display - Desktop tab by performing the
following:

Start Regedit.exe and navigate to:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System]
and
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE_\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System]

In the right-pane, delete the following values (if exists)

- NoDispBackgroundPage
- NoDispScrSavPage
- NoDispSettingsPage
- NoDispAppearancePage

However, I am still disabled from making a Desktop Wallpaper change. It
will not allow me to select another wallpaper and the "browse" button is
disabled. Is there another file that I should delete?

More about : display desktop

Anonymous
May 15, 2005 6:32:06 PM

"SMH" <SMH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> With the help of a previous post, I was able to change the registry to
> allow
> viewing of the Control Panel - Display - Desktop tab by performing the
> following:
>
> Start Regedit.exe and navigate to:
>
> [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System]
> and
> [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE_\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System]
>
> In the right-pane, delete the following values (if exists)
>
> - NoDispBackgroundPage
> - NoDispScrSavPage
> - NoDispSettingsPage
> - NoDispAppearancePage
>
> However, I am still disabled from making a Desktop Wallpaper change.
> It
> will not allow me to select another wallpaper and the "browse" button
> is
> disabled. Is there another file that I should delete?

Make a Registry Edit

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\ActiveDesktop
or
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\ActiveDesktop
In the right-hand pane, delete "NoChangingWallPaper" or change the value
to 0.

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System
In the right-hand pane, delete "Wallpaper" and "WallpaperStyle".

--
William
Anonymous

You might want to check this registry key:

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\ActiveDesktop

Look for NoChangingWallPaper in the right hand pane and either
delete this value or modify the data from 1 to 0.

--
Nepatsfan
"SMH" <SMH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> With the help of a previous post, I was able to change the
> registry to allow
> viewing of the Control Panel - Display - Desktop tab by
> performing the
> following:
>
> Start Regedit.exe and navigate to:
>
> [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System]
> and
> [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE_\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System]
>
> In the right-pane, delete the following values (if exists)
>
> - NoDispBackgroundPage
> - NoDispScrSavPage
> - NoDispSettingsPage
> - NoDispAppearancePage
>
> However, I am still disabled from making a Desktop Wallpaper
> change. It
> will not allow me to select another wallpaper and the "browse"
> button is
> disabled. Is there another file that I should delete?
May 15, 2005 6:44:52 PM

Thanks, that helped and i'm now able to change my desktop setting!!!!! :)  :)
"Nepatsfan" wrote:

> You might want to check this registry key:
>
> HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\ActiveDesktop
>
> Look for NoChangingWallPaper in the right hand pane and either
> delete this value or modify the data from 1 to 0.
>
> --
> Nepatsfan
> "SMH" <SMH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > With the help of a previous post, I was able to change the
> > registry to allow
> > viewing of the Control Panel - Display - Desktop tab by
> > performing the
> > following:
> >
> > Start Regedit.exe and navigate to:
> >
> > [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System]
> > and
> > [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE_\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System]
> >
> > In the right-pane, delete the following values (if exists)
> >
> > - NoDispBackgroundPage
> > - NoDispScrSavPage
> > - NoDispSettingsPage
> > - NoDispAppearancePage
> >
> > However, I am still disabled from making a Desktop Wallpaper
> > change. It
> > will not allow me to select another wallpaper and the "browse"
> > button is
> > disabled. Is there another file that I should delete?

Anonymous
May 15, 2005 9:52:21 PM

You're welcome. Glad to hear you've got that fixed.

--
Nepatsfan

!