Need Help installing Word

I have to reinstall Microsoft Word on my computer and everytime I try it it
always shows this:
Setup has found the following programs open on your computer. Before you
continue installing Microsoft Works Suite 2004, close the open programs.
The program is Microsoft Internet Explorer(iexplore.eve)
I then press ctrl/alt/del and I click the processes tab and then I try and
end the iexpore.exe process but every time I do a new one pops up. I do have
Norton antivirus on my pc but I have disabled it and still the same problem.
I have also disconnected from the internet by unplugging it from my modem,
and still the same problem. Please someone help. I need Word on my computer.
Jen
1 answer Last reply
More about need installing word

    Jen, you may have Malware creating Havoc on your System. Use All of
    these free sites to do a check

    http://www.kephyr.com/spywarescanner/index.html?source=appvisit

    http://housecall.trendmicro.com/

    http://www.webroot.com/

    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=321CD7A2-6A57-4C57-A8BD-DBF62EDA9671&displaylang=en

    "Jen" <Jen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have to reinstall Microsoft Word on my computer and everytime I try it it
    > always shows this:
    > Setup has found the following programs open on your computer. Before you
    > continue installing Microsoft Works Suite 2004, close the open programs.
    > The program is Microsoft Internet Explorer(iexplore.eve)
    > I then press ctrl/alt/del and I click the processes tab and then I try and
    > end the iexpore.exe process but every time I do a new one pops up. I do
    > have
    > Norton antivirus on my pc but I have disabled it and still the same
    > problem.
    > I have also disconnected from the internet by unplugging it from my modem,
    > and still the same problem. Please someone help. I need Word on my
    > computer.
    > Jen

Computers Microsoft Windows XP