Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Looking for a laptop under US$ 1100

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
August 12, 2012 9:15:53 PM

I've searched the forum, but I could not find the exact same thing (most of them are unresolved).. I'm looking for a new laptop, and here's my criteria:

m in the market for a new mainstream laptop.

1) Budget: below $1100

2) Size: 15" - 16" screen

3) Screen: prefer non-glossy, must be full HD (not 1366x768), confused about LED and LCD

4) Portability: I don't lug my laptop around so much, but I'm not sure if I want something like ASUS G55. Just way to heavy for me if I do have to carry my laptop around (plus it has a very short battery life).

5) Battery life: Like I said, this new laptop will probably spend most of its time on my desk, but I think 3-4 hours on full charge is desired (standard usage, MS office, browsing, NOT gaming).

6) Games: sometimes (Assassin's creed, witcher 2, civilization 5,etc.), doesn't have to be High. Medium is what I usually go with

7) Tasks: mainly for school, but like I said, I game sometimes

8) Storage capacity: at least 500 GB (I think that's enough for me)

9) considerations:

ASUS N56VZ-RB71 -> http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml...

Lenovo Y580 -> https://shop.lenovo.com/SEUILibrary/controller/e/web/Le...

MSI GE60 -> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

10) Laptop life: at least 5 years. I intend to keep it forever :p 

11) Optical drive: don't really use it

12) Brand preference: I heard ASUS has the best build quality (the reason why I'm leaning more towards the ASUS laptop). However, I've received mixed reviews on Lenovo and MSI. Some say the IdeaPad line doesn't have a good build quality (only the ThinkPad does). and I'm not experienced with MSI quality.

13) Country: United States (USA)

14) Other considerations:
I also put a special emphasis on build quality. I don't want to deal with customer service, and I don't think I can spend the time (with school and stuff). I don't abuse my electronics (other than gaming), so I wish this new laptop would last for as long as possible (forever , at least 5 years).

I'm not in a hurry, so you could suggest me to wait for a better deal (if you think that's going to happen, a price drop).

what would you recommend?

More about : laptop 1100

a b D Laptop
August 12, 2012 9:41:00 PM

Haha well, you've really done your research. If you're okay spending a few extra dollars. I'd recommend going with the Asus G55. But if that does weight too much. Then it seems like the Y580 is a great deal:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Good luck, :) 
Score
August 12, 2012 10:00:12 PM

hpfreak said:
Haha well, you've really done your research. If you're okay spending a few extra dollars. I'd recommend going with the Asus G55. But if that does weight too much. Then it seems like the Y580 is a great deal:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Good luck, :) 

Thank you for the suggestion, but I think the one (Y580) they have on Lenovo.com provides a much better spec at a comparable price. 1920x1080 instead of 1366 x 768 (the one on newegg).

and do you think it's a good deal to sacrifice overall HDD speed for SSD (750GB HDD @ 5400 rpm +64GB SSD instead of 500GB @ 7200 rpm)? I don't mind not having the addition 250 GB, but not sure if the SSD is actually worth it.

also how long do you think the Y580 will last compared to the other I mentioned? do you have any personal experience with the IdeaPad (or the other brands, ASUS & MSI)?

Thanks a lot for helping ^_^
Score
Related resources
August 12, 2012 10:06:10 PM

Quote:
Well, for 1100$ you can get the NP9130 with GTX 670M and this is the highest performance you'll get:
http://www.gaminglaptopsjunky.com/gaming-laptops-models...
GTX 670M+FullHD+I5-3210M+16GB (free upgrade)+Hybrid HDD

I don't know what are its flaws as there is no in-depth review yet, but I guess it might something like higher heat and noise than the GTX 660M solutions and also higher than the higher end Sagers (NP9150/70)

For 1200$ you can even get the GTX 580M with MSI barebone, but the MSI barebone is of a lesser quaity

Yeah, I stumbled upon the Sager/Clevo in my research, but I never heard of it before, so I shied away from their laptops. what do you think of them?

budget constraint.. hate it! :lol: 
Score
a b D Laptop
August 12, 2012 10:07:56 PM

Sager is the best of best, I think most members here will agree with me when I say that.

Score
a b D Laptop
August 12, 2012 10:08:29 PM

Quote:
I'd certainly choose the SSD option.

Yes, there will be a significant performance increase if you use an SSD. If you need storage over performance, then go with the regular HDD. But you'll be getting a little more juice out of everything.. including the frame rate on games if you go with an SSD.
Score
August 12, 2012 10:18:28 PM

I see.. I guess you learn something new every day. haha.. but could you define what you mean by the 'best'? do you mean that in every aspect relative to the other brands? how long does a sager laptop usually last??
Score
August 12, 2012 10:22:13 PM

Quote:
1. I think that's a better offer:
http://www.gaminglaptopsjunky.com/lenovo-ideapad-y580-1...

FullHD screen, in my opinion, has higher value in that case.
You can buy yourself a 50-60GB mSSD and install it.

yes. that's what I saw on the lenovo site..

---

so you get more performance from SSD. I thought SSD only gives you significant boost on initial boot, not the overall performance like gaming.. care to enlighten me? :D  (like an article I can read)
Score
a b D Laptop
August 12, 2012 10:25:05 PM

It will last you long enough that you will switch not because it stopped functioning.. but because it is completely obsolete :D 
Score
August 12, 2012 10:35:03 PM

hpfreak said:
It will last you long enough that you will switch not because it stopped functioning.. but because it is completely obsolete :D 

wow! now, that's what I've been looking for.. any suggestion on where to buy (I found xoticpc, or something like that) and which model to buy (if it's customizable, which spec or upgrade should I get)?
Score
August 12, 2012 10:35:54 PM

Quote:
where did I write 'best'? they just have very good offers for high end gaming. They have the best performance per price ration.

About your SSD question: it won't help to your games' performance almost at all as the games usually use the RAM. However, the OS operations and other application will be much faster. The OS uses many small files and the SSD is perfect for it so besides booting faster, it also doing everything else which is file-based faster

oh I was referring to hpfreak, sorry for that. do you agree with hpfreak though that sager will last me long enough?

I really appreciate the explanation.. :) 
Score
August 13, 2012 12:14:42 AM

Quote:
We can't predict. If you are not gentle, it might get problems, you know. Also, there are things like heat and staff. You should buy some kind of cooler

so I checked out sager models. I guess they are just out of my budget. the junky77 mentioned above is without OS. I'd like to have windows as my OS, and all-in would cost more than 1100.. T_T
I think this is another reason I didn't consider them in the first place..

oh I already have a cooler. I guess partially it's what have kept my current laptop alive, and I never abused it intentionally..
Score
a b D Laptop
August 13, 2012 1:19:36 AM

smilingbird said:
Yeah, I stumbled upon the Sager/Clevo in my research, but I never heard of it before, so I shied away from their laptops. what do you think of them?

budget constraint.. hate it! :lol: 

i just bought a sager 6165 with a i7 upgrade for about 1100$ and its awesome. 1920 x 1080 and i play sc2 and diablo 3 on high settings. sc2 actually recommended that i set all settings on ultra. and this is with a gt 650m. I play battlefield 3 on med- high settings as well. no dead pixels, very sturdy and doesnt feel cheap. came within 3 days of order (but i live pretty close to them) and free shipping in the US.

The only odd thing about the 6165 is that the speakers are on the bottom of the laptop. However it doesnt really affect the quality of the sound because the laptop is slightly elevated by half inch stubs on the bottom.

overall its a great laptop
Score
August 13, 2012 1:55:03 AM

computernewb said:
i just bought a sager 6165 with a i7 upgrade for about 1100$ and its awesome. 1920 x 1080 and i play sc2 and diablo 3 on high settings. sc2 actually recommended that i set all settings on ultra. and this is with a gt 650m. I play battlefield 3 on med- high settings as well. no dead pixels, very sturdy and doesnt feel cheap. came within 3 days of order (but i live pretty close to them) and free shipping in the US.

The only odd thing about the 6165 is that the speakers are on the bottom of the laptop. However it doesnt really affect the quality of the sound because the laptop is slightly elevated by half inch stubs on the bottom.

oh really?? but then, if I use a cooler, the sound will get weird, right??

besides i7 upgrade, what else did you get? can you confirm the weight and the battery life (browsing, non-gaming use)?
Score
a b D Laptop
August 13, 2012 2:14:57 AM

yea a cooler might be a problem. not sure cause i dont use one. The speakers are on the bottom corners, so i dont know if the fans will be near them. I also got a free hard drive upgrade. 4gb ssd 500 gb hard drive hybrid. Everything else was standard.

The weight is 6 lbs and i havent completely drained the battery. But i was watching streaming videos and browsing the web for about 2 and a half hours and the battery was around half. So the full battery is probably double that.
Score
August 13, 2012 7:05:34 AM

computernewb said:
yea a cooler might be a problem. not sure cause i dont use one. The speakers are on the bottom corners, so i dont know if the fans will be near them. I also got a free hard drive upgrade. 4gb ssd 500 gb hard drive hybrid. Everything else was standard.

The weight is 6 lbs and i havent completely drained the battery. But i was watching streaming videos and browsing the web for about 2 and a half hours and the battery was around half. So the full battery is probably double that.

Is the display glossy or matte? did you take advantage of the 3% discount?
Score
August 13, 2012 7:24:00 AM

computernewb said:
the standard is glossy, but you can upgrade to a matte version. There was no 3% discount when i got mine. Here is the link to the model. It has all the specs and pictures.

http://www.sagernotebook.com/index.php?page=product_inf...

I see. thanks a lot! oh, and I think if you buy from xoticpc, you can get 3% discount.. I tried configuring the np6165, and it came out well below 1100 with the specs I want (matte display, i7). the only thing that concerns me is the speaker though.. I wonder what's their consideration to set it that way..
Score
August 13, 2012 8:02:19 AM

Quote:
I would prefer to spend money on the screen than on the I7. The I5 is fast enough according to benchmarks and it has 2 HT cores too.

I'd also prefer to spend money on some nice speakers than I7

3rd Generation Intel® Ivy Bridge Core™ i5-3210M (2.5-3.1GHz, 3MB Intel® Smart Cache, 35W Max TDP)

3rd Generation Intel® Ivy Bridge Core™ i7-3610QM (2.3GHz - 3.3GHz, 6MB Intel® Smart Cache, 45W Max TDP)

what is the Smart Cache for??

any recommendation for a great speaker for 70 bucks? :) 
Score
August 13, 2012 2:58:30 PM

Quote:
a smart cache is cache that has at least one degree in one from the life science schools. He is smarter and more aware of some aspects other caches are not and he could advise you in important matters that may come up in life.

maybe JBL creature III? don't know, it's long time I haven't updated myself in this section

:lol: 
JBL has a purty good review on amazon.. I might check that out later..

I just realized that for Sager NP6165 the vent is on the side. how can I use a cooler for this model?
Score
August 13, 2012 3:49:53 PM

Quote:
so what? there is still the whole case which is hot

so a regular cooler will work just fine? is that the whole purpose of cooler? I thought it's supposed to help the airflow to/from the vent..
Score
a b D Laptop
August 13, 2012 4:25:06 PM

smilingbird said:
so a regular cooler will work just fine? is that the whole purpose of cooler? I thought it's supposed to help the airflow to/from the vent..

Some companies that make coolers market it them that way.. saying that it helps improve airflow and all that other yada yada..
But like junky is saying, it will help cool the case- which can an impact. :bounce: 
Score
August 13, 2012 6:56:11 PM

hpfreak said:
Some companies that make coolers market it them that way.. saying that it helps improve airflow and all that other yada yada..
But like junky is saying, it will help cool the case- which can an impact. :bounce: 

any suggestion on which brand or specific model, or guides on buying a cooler?
Score
a b D Laptop
August 13, 2012 7:02:22 PM

Personally, I use a Cooler Master SF-19. It's powerful, and uses 2 standard desktop 140mm fans. :D 
Score
August 14, 2012 7:32:23 AM

thanks guys! I learned a lot from this thread.. I'll think I'll go with Sager NP6165 for now, but I'll probably get it when school starts. lol
Score
a b D Laptop
August 14, 2012 9:00:53 AM

Alright, Good luck, :) 
Score
August 15, 2012 6:26:17 AM

This thread has also helped me a lot, since I am in the same situation. I have a few followup questions :

Does sager have good customer service ?

at 6 pounds, is that not extremely troublesome to carry around as a student?

pros / cons compared to a mac book pro ? ( Sister is offering to buy me a 13" Macbook pro, but I am trying to look for better alternatives )
Score
August 16, 2012 7:08:47 AM

hpfreak said:
Alright, Good luck, :) 

opinions on my questions ? :X
Score
a b D Laptop
August 16, 2012 7:48:33 AM

ayobmx said:
This thread has also helped me a lot, since I am in the same situation. I have a few followup questions :

Does sager have good customer service ?

at 6 pounds, is that not extremely troublesome to carry around as a student?

pros / cons compared to a mac book pro ? ( Sister is offering to buy me a 13" Macbook pro, but I am trying to look for better alternatives )

i only had to call customer service once to change my order. I initially ordered a np3260 but found that the np6165 was a better deal. They canceled my first order and placed my new order immediately. Got the new order number in my email within 30 mins and got the laptop in 3 days. I would say it was outstanding.

i work out regularly so 6 lbs isnt that heavy for me. But i think my backpack makes it FEEL even lighter. Sometimes it doesn't feel like anything is inside even though i have my laptop and charger inside. I think a good backpack makes all the difference. This is the one i have... a swiss gear jupiter 15.6 which fits my laptop perfectly.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005B156VG/ref=oh_deta...

i looked at the specs of a 2012 macbook pro 15 inch. It has a 1440 x 900 resolution, 4gb 1600hz ram, 500 gb 5400 rpm hard drive, gt 650m 512mb vram, and i7 2.3 ghz quad core cpu for $1800 pre tax. (you can configure parts for more $)
the 13' macbooks come with a dual core cpu and 1280 x 800 resolution for a starting price of $1200 pre tax.
http://www.apple.com/macbook-pro/specs/13-and-15-inch/

in comparision the 15 inch sager 6165 i bought has a 1920x 1080 resolution, 8 gb ram 1600hz ram, 500 gb 7200 rpm 4gb ssd hybrid, gt 650m 1gb, same i7 quard core for $1000 pre tax. So i got a better resolution, more ram, a faster hard drive, more v ram for $800 less than a comparable macbook.

If youre looking for the most bang for your buck, you should avoid macbooks.
Score
August 20, 2012 5:00:37 AM

computernewb said:
i only had to call customer service once to change my order. I initially ordered a np3260 but found that the np6165 was a better deal. They canceled my first order and placed my new order immediately. Got the new order number in my email within 30 mins and got the laptop in 3 days. I would say it was outstanding.

i work out regularly so 6 lbs isnt that heavy for me. But i think my backpack makes it FEEL even lighter. Sometimes it doesn't feel like anything is inside even though i have my laptop and charger inside. I think a good backpack makes all the difference. This is the one i have... a swiss gear jupiter 15.6 which fits my laptop perfectly.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005B156VG/ref=oh_deta...

i looked at the specs of a 2012 macbook pro 15 inch. It has a 1440 x 900 resolution, 4gb 1600hz ram, 500 gb 5400 rpm hard drive, gt 650m 512mb vram, and i7 2.3 ghz quad core cpu for $1800 pre tax. (you can configure parts for more $)
the 13' macbooks come with a dual core cpu and 1280 x 800 resolution for a starting price of $1200 pre tax.
http://www.apple.com/macbook-pro/specs/13-and-15-inch/

in comparision the 15 inch sager 6165 i bought has a 1920x 1080 resolution, 8 gb ram 1600hz ram, 500 gb 7200 rpm 4gb ssd hybrid, gt 650m 1gb, same i7 quard core for $1000 pre tax. So i got a better resolution, more ram, a faster hard drive, more v ram for $800 less than a comparable macbook.

If youre looking for the most bang for your buck, you should avoid macbooks.

I am about to copy your build; are you a student ? ( If so, would you think a mac vs y our sager makes any difference in terms of using it for academics? ) Mobility, bulkiness etc.

What do you feel like you would improve in your build? (like screen, speakers, etc. )

What made you decide on those parts exactly? (were they the best bang for the buck? )

money isnt really the problem right now i suppose, since the macbook is the primary choice atm ; i'm looking for a better alternative !

i would like your opinion on an alternative, if sager isnt what you mostly recommend . what i'm looking for is performance, mobility, sleek, long battery life.

need to order a computer this week, hopefully this will be the one :) 
Score
a b D Laptop
August 20, 2012 9:11:26 AM

ayobmx said:
I am about to copy your build; are you a student ? ( If so, would you think a mac vs y our sager makes any difference in terms of using it for academics? ) Mobility, bulkiness etc.

What do you feel like you would improve in your build? (like screen, speakers, etc. )

What made you decide on those parts exactly? (were they the best bang for the buck? )

money isnt really the problem right now i suppose, since the macbook is the primary choice atm ; i'm looking for a better alternative !

i would like your opinion on an alternative, if sager isnt what you mostly recommend . what i'm looking for is performance, mobility, sleek, long battery life.

need to order a computer this week, hopefully this will be the one :) 

i was a student couple years ago :)  If youre just going to take notes, it really doesnt matter if you choose a mac or pc. If youre a computer science major, you may want to ask your department which system will be ideal for your classes because im not sure :p 

The only thing i dont like about this particular model are the locations of the speakers. As i mentioned above, they are on the bottom corners. They still work fine but placing them above the keyboard would be optimal in my opinion. Its weird cause the other sager models have them on the top. Also, I prefer matte screens over glossy screens, but i didnt want to spend another $100 bucks on the upgrade. its not that big of deal to me. Other than the speakers, i have no other complaints.

i chose this model because im occasionally on the move and wanted a good looking, decent gaming laptop for around $1000. The design was really nice and i liked the all-black look. 1920 x 1080 was a must on my list because I dont like gaming at resolutions lower than this. and at this resolution, i was advised to get a minimum of a gt 650m. I upgraded to the i7 because many games utilize quad cores and it would last longer than an i5. the i5 on laptops are dual cores.

From what ive read, leenevo and asus make good gaming laptops. alienware laptops are nice too but they are expensive and ugly (in my opinion). And since money isnt a problem for you, macbooks are nice too. Whatever you choose, you probably want a 1920 x 1080 resolution, a 3rd generation i7, and a minimum of a gt 650m graphics. If you want a longer battery life, you should look for "nvidia optimus technology" (im not sure if all intel/nvidia combo laptops come with it). It switches to integrated graphics when the tasks are less demanding which is why i would get the 3rd generation intel cpus with hd 4000. its much better than its predecessor hd 3000. and remember, the better the graphics card, the thicker, heavier, and more power hungry your laptop will be. (a major reason, along with price, why i chose the gt 650 over 675). good luck on your search for a laptop!
Score
August 20, 2012 10:31:40 AM

i did not know too much about the msi but i think msi is also bulid in high quality coz just like asus the mis was depend on building the motherboard so i think it should be in quality

then when it comes to the lenovo no matter the thinkpad or just sample levono product are also in excellent quality , which i trust all the same. a got a relative who own a repaire shop he told me that there no lenovo and asus product which spent to him

and i think the gtx 660 is far more enough for you and y580 can offer i7 cpu rather than just i5 3210 even tough i think it might not offer ssd
Score
August 20, 2012 4:28:16 PM

I just placed an order today. here's my build:

Sager NP6165 (Clevo W150ER)
15.6" Full HD LED-Backlit Display 95% NTSC Colo... $75.00
3rd Generation Intel® Core™ i7-3610QM Processor... $70.00
500GB Seagate Momentus XT 7200RPM 500GB (w/ 4GB... $0.00
8GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM at 1600MHz - 2 X 4GB $0.00
8X DVD±R/RW/4X +DL Super-Multi Drive & Software $0.00
Fingerprint Reader $0.00
FREE UPS Ground Shipping! $0.00
Genuine Microsoft Windows® 7 Home Premium 32/64... $80.00
Internal 802.11 B+G+N Wireless LAN + Bluetooth ... $0.00
LIFETIME Limited Labor and 1 Year Premium** Par... $0.00
NVIDIA® GeForce™ GT 650M 1GB GDDR5 with Optimus... $0.00
Remove All Branding $0.00
Smart Li-ION Battery Pack $0.00
Stock Standard Thermal Compound $0.00

I choose LPC digital, and with the screen upgrade, i7 processor, and windows, it only costs me $1030~
can't wait till it arrives.. :bounce: 
Score
a b D Laptop
August 20, 2012 4:48:47 PM

smilingbird said:

Fingerprint Reader $0.00

I choose LPC digital, and with the screen upgrade, i7 processor, and windows, it only costs me $1030~

Awesome smilingbird!
Good luck, that's a great computer.
Score
August 20, 2012 5:08:39 PM

hpfreak said:
Awesome smilingbird!
Good luck, that's a great computer.

thanks hpfreak! thanks for all your help :D 
Score
a b D Laptop
August 20, 2012 5:13:13 PM

smilingbird said:
thanks hpfreak! thanks for all your help :D 

No problem, glad I could assist. :D 
Score
August 21, 2012 6:46:52 AM

smilingbird said:

Fingerprint Reader $0.00

what's LPC digital ? :X .

I'm basicaly getting the same thing, except I'm unsure which CPU to choose ..

3rd Generation Intel® Core™ i7-3610QM Processor ( 6MB L3 Cache, 2.30GHz)
3rd Generation Intel® Core™ i7-3720QM Processor ( 6MB L3 Cache, 2.60GHz) [+$160.00]
3rd Generation Intel® Core™ i7-3820QM Processor ( 8MB L3 Cache, 2.70GHz) [+$350.00]

If I copy your build, it still adds up to 1094. . (?) ]

Also, how did you get it to have " Remove all branding " ?
Score
August 21, 2012 6:47:48 AM

hpfreak said:
No problem, glad I could assist. :D 

could you help me on choosing a CPU ?

3rd Generation Intel® Core™ i7-3720QM Processor ( 6MB L3 Cache, 2.60GHz) [+$160.00]
3rd Generation Intel® Core™ i7-3820QM Processor ( 8MB L3 Cache, 2.70GHz) [+$350.00]

between these three, in my mind I am only putting the 3610 and 3720 into consideration. Is the .30 GHz really worth the extra 160 ?
Score
a b D Laptop
August 21, 2012 10:08:35 AM

ayobmx said:

between these three, in my mind I am only putting the 3610 and 3720 into consideration. Is the .30 GHz really worth the extra 160 ?

i would get the cheapest one. 300 mhz is not worth $160 in my opinion. the first one, 3610qm, also has turbo up to 3.3 ghz
http://ark.intel.com/products/64899/
Score
a b D Laptop
August 21, 2012 12:34:51 PM

ayobmx said:

Personally, I wouldn't upgrade. There will be a performance boost, but unless you're doing something like autocad and need the most juice you can get out of your system, then you shouldn't need to worry about it. I've been using the 1.6 GHz Core i7 on my laptop for the past 2 years, and it works fine- I do a lot of CPU intensive tasks, and the specs are adequate, everything is snappy and works well.
Your uses for your laptop aren't going to push you into the category of enthusiasts and the like that need the highest specs. In all honesty, the Core i5 would be adequate for you- so I would not worry about choosing between the Core i7 CPUs, don't try squeeze it in there and get the 3720QM, and if you do have the extra money to burn, I'd put it towards getting an SSD- that will have a greater effect than a minor change in CPU clock speeds.

Oh, and by the way.. LPC Digital is an online retailer that specializes in Clevo/Sager products.
Score
August 21, 2012 2:12:47 PM

ayobmx said:
what's LPC digital ? :X .

I'm basicaly getting the same thing, except I'm unsure which CPU to choose ..

If I copy your build, it still adds up to 1094. . (?) ]

Also, how did you get it to have " Remove all branding " ?

oh, I bought it from LPC Digital

they also have the option to remove all branding (no Sager sticker), so you'll have a sleek black design (I guess, still waiting for mine). :lol: 

where did you get your configuration? (which reseller)

I think the 3610 is powerful enough. getting a more powerful processor will make your laptop even more resource hungry (thus you deplete your battery even faster), but if you don't mind, why not? :lol: 
Score
August 21, 2012 5:39:49 PM

smilingbird said:
oh, I bought it from LPC Digital

they also have the option to remove all branding (no Sager sticker), so you'll have a sleek black design (I guess, still waiting for mine). :lol: 

where did you get your configuration? (which reseller)

I think the 3610 is powerful enough. getting a more powerful processor will make your laptop even more resource hungry (thus you deplete your battery even faster), but if you don't mind, why not? :lol: 

ohh lol i thought it was some part T_T . my bad haha .

The only thing making me hesitate on getting the sager is the bulkiness and weight :X
Score
August 21, 2012 5:58:20 PM

ayobmx said:
ohh lol i thought it was some part T_T . my bad haha .

The only thing making me hesitate on getting the sager is the bulkiness and weight :X

if that's really important to you, I recommend the ASUS N56VZ.I've seen one, and it's really nice. however, it has a lower graphic card memory compared to Sager (2 GB ddr3 for ASUS, 1GB ddr5 for Sager). plus ASUS has a better speaker (plus you get an additional sub-woofer). I've posted the link on the first page. check it out, maybe you'll like it.. at a glance I think that's the only difference I found, haven't looked at it for a while. :lol: 
Score
August 21, 2012 6:09:37 PM

Quote:
are you still here?!

who? me?? yep, cuz I got email notif, so I keep coming back. lol

bought the laptop though.. :) 
Score
August 21, 2012 8:28:01 PM

I've decided on getting the sager.

For the wireless card, whats the difference between the internal and the intel centrino ?

Looking at other laptops now, what makes a sager so special ? The hardware is pretty much the same in terms of in its price range.
Score
August 23, 2012 2:36:32 AM

bump, help please ? :( 
Score
September 1, 2012 3:37:43 AM

computernewb said:

so I just bought this model, and there's one optional update: Lenovo – Display – ThinkPad Display 1920x1080 update. if I remember it correctly, the size is pretty small (like 27kb).. does anyone have any idea what is?
Score
!