Motorola V400 unlock question + free mobile tools?

Last response: in Network Providers
Share
July 26, 2004 11:34:24 AM

Just to be clear, I do NOT want to flex or replace the firmware of my phone,
I just want to unlock my FIDO phone so I can change sim cards when I travel.

I own the Motorola made (not a knockoff) USB cable as well.

Is there any software that exists that will allow me to unlock my phone?
(preferably free) or does this not exist? I have read tons of conflicting
stuff...

It seems that there are 2 pieces of software needed:
1) unlocking software
2) unlock code generator

Lastly, when I bought my Fido phone from a Fido Kiosk, they said it came
with free "mobile tools" software. I told the rep there was no cd in the
box and they said I had to download it for free from motorola's site. Well,
Motorola only charges for the download, they don't sell a free version of
it.
Any thoughts on how to get it from either Fido or Motorola?

Thanks
Anonymous
July 27, 2004 3:27:55 AM

In article <4u2Nc.49847$2i3.27403@clgrps12>,
"JC" <johnny_canuck@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Just to be clear, I do NOT want to flex or replace the firmware of my phone,
> I just want to unlock my FIDO phone so I can change sim cards when I travel.

If you get an answer to this over email instead of posted, please
forward it to me. I'm considering a v400 in a few months and also need
to swap sim cards when travelling. Thanks. :)

--
Steven Fisher; sdfisher@spamcop.net
"Morituri Nolumus Mori."

sure.

I've noticed that the subject seems to be taboo on many forums (due to
advertiser concerns rather than legal concerns).

find out really weird that on one can answer this.

I mean if you can unlock the software from a website on the internet using a
USB cable, there is a way to do it through software, just a matter of
finding that software...

JC

"Steven Fisher" <sdfisher@spamcop.net> wrote in message
> In article <4u2Nc.49847$2i3.27403@clgrps12>,
> "JC" <johnny_canuck@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Just to be clear, I do NOT want to flex or replace the firmware of my
phone,
> > I just want to unlock my FIDO phone so I can change sim cards when I
travel.

> If you get an answer to this over email instead of posted, please
> forward it to me. I'm considering a v400 in a few months and also need
> to swap sim cards when travelling. Thanks. :)
>
> --
> Steven Fisher; sdfisher@spamcop.net
> "Morituri Nolumus Mori."
July 28, 2004 6:46:26 PM

"JC" <johnny_canuck@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<gIhNc.50410$2i3.10848@clgrps12>...

> I mean if you can unlock the software from a website on the internet using a
> USB cable, there is a way to do it through software, just a matter of
> finding that software...
>
> JC

yeah... the creator of that program went to great length to ensure
that no copy of that program will leave his hand by this remote
client/server unlock method.

You'll just have to wait until someone else comes up with a competing
standalone program, and THAN a cracker breaks it.... just like what
happened to SonyEricsson phones.

Non-cracked, standalone software for SE is several hundred bucks per
copy.
July 30, 2004 1:07:51 PM

"Edward S" <not_valid71@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> "JC" <johnny_canuck@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >
> > I mean if you can unlock the software from a website on the internet
using a
> > USB cable, there is a way to do it through software, just a matter of
> > finding that software...
> >
> > JC
> >

> yeah... the creator of that program went to great length to ensure
> that no copy of that program will leave his hand by this remote
> client/server unlock method.
>
> You'll just have to wait until someone else comes up with a competing
> standalone program, and THAN a cracker breaks it.... just like what
> happened to SonyEricsson phones.
>
> Non-cracked, standalone software for SE is several hundred bucks per
> copy.

shoot to bad, I figured with so many people offering the unlocking
capabilities (for a fee) around where I lived, I figured there'd be some
sort of programming floating out there that all of us could use ourselves
.... (to think, I did NOT buy the Z600 becaues I was worred that Iwould never
find the software to unlock it myself, when it turns out my v400 is the one
i can't find software for...
!