Ebay suspension of account spoof

In case some of you are still gullible enough to believe that EBay will
suspend your account unless you reactivate it etc, there is an e-mail
circulating that threatens to cancel your account for fraudulent
activity by accessing EBay from different computers. (hah) They give
you a very short time frame to reply to put pressure on you to do it
immediately. It ends up stating "We thank you for your cooperation in
this manner. " Manner? I'll show you some manners.......

Don't do it. Nuff said.

Pat D.

Just so everyone knows, eBay's procedure for an account "breach" is to reset
your password with a new password contained in the email. You can type the
eBay URL into the address bar to be certain you are getting the real site,
then use your UserID with the new password contained in the email, and
change the password to whatever you want. This happened to me once, and I
was a little suspicious, but figured if I typed in the URL I would be safe.
After I did it and thought about it, this really is a good way to handle
compromised accounts.

Dane.

"Pat D" <patdanis@comcast.net> wrote in message
> In case some of you are still gullible enough to believe that EBay will
> suspend your account unless you reactivate it etc, there is an e-mail
> circulating that threatens to cancel your account for fraudulent
> activity by accessing EBay from different computers. (hah) They give
> you a very short time frame to reply to put pressure on you to do it
> immediately. It ends up stating "We thank you for your cooperation in
> this manner. " Manner? I'll show you some manners.......
>
> Don't do it. Nuff said.
>

> Pat D.

Paypal is having other ones just like this. They look really good at
first look and then if you really look at the http link, its totally
bogus.

I hate spammers/phising
-isaac

I just forward the messages to Spook@Paypal.com or Spoof@Ebay.com.
Within a matter of minutes I get a reply from the "real deal" telling
me it was a spoof. They say they are using the info to "further
investigate", but I have my doubts about that. RSDA

My favorite is the new spam that says you've successfully added an
e-mail address to your account. The address is usually something at
yahoo.com. Then it says if this address has been added in error, click
the link and enter your information to cancel the addition. Sneaky.
Looks really legit, too. I can't imagine how many people get taken in
by these messages. I've had to physically stop some of co-workers from
actually doing it. And they're generally not stupid people either.

lol.. ive been doing this since the middle of last year. I still get
7-8 of these phishing emailes per week.

Marcel

Andre

My wife got on the other day that was claming to come from paypal and she
was getting ready to follow the link they provided but luckily they
misspelled the word bellow as "below", so she knew something wasn't right.

Once I found out about it I told her never ever to believe any of these
emails and just to delete them as soon as you get them. If you're not sure
just go directly to the website and check out their claim but never click on
the link in the email.

"Vizilla" <izwalker@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Paypal is having other ones just like this. They look really good at
> first look and then if you really look at the http link, its totally
> bogus.
>
> I hate spammers/phising
> -isaac

jojokinkaid

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2009
There is a forum I found on the internet that is free, and helps with Ebay, PayPal, business and the law. Just post any question, the experts will answer it if it has not already been answered!

The forum has a lot of expert advice on it. http://www.modeeworld.com/forums I found advice there about how to avoid EBAY suspensions, get past PayPal limitations, also lots of detailed help on creating your own business, getting past trademark violations, VERO and lots more. Plus general advice on how best to sell on EBAY, what sells the best, how to get the best price for your product, really everything related to EBAY and internet business.

Also advice about how EBAY really works and how PayPal really works. The inside scoop.

Beautiful forum. I was made a moderator of the forum and I love it!

Rudy3444

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2009
Want to learn how to get back on after a suspension? Follow these brief seven steps.

Step 1: First off, make sure to clear your browser cookies and flash objects.
Step 2: Change your IP Address. Go to ipburger.com to check your IP Address.
Step 3: Think of a new name to use for your account. If you can, use a relative's name.
Step 4: Think of a new address you can use, if you can use a relative's address. Make sure that relative has never used eBay / PayPal before.
Step 5: Obtain a new phone number. You'll need a clean phone number to use with your eBay and PayPal account. I don't recommend just using any old number.
Step 6: Now you need a clean bank account and credit card (prepaid card) to use. If you have a savings account, use that. If you have a debit or credit card you haven't used with eBay / PayPal before, use that.
Step 7: Put everything together. Use your new name, address, bank account and credit card and create your PayPal account. Make sure your browser cookies are clean, and flash objects off your PC and that you are on a new IP Address and create your account. After you do that, create your eBay account with the same information.

That's the BASICS of how it's done. If you want a more in depth step by step guide I recommend you read eBay Stealth, eBay Suspension